Breastfeeding
Options

alcohol test strips

Hi! Has anyone used the alcohol test strips for BM? Are they accurate? My husband and i went out last night, I had a few drinks. I know they usually say "ok to drive = ok to nurse" but Im still paranoid. I feel a bit hung over...should I nurse him? Thanks!

Re: alcohol test strips

• Options
    Yes, you should nurse your baby. And drink some water for yourself. The alcohol test strips are a waste of money.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Alcohol leaves your breast milk as it leaves your blood stream. So if you were drinking last night, there is no longer alcohol in your blood stream or in your milk (unless maybe you downed a few bottles of tequila.) A hangover is not an indication that you are still drunk.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tell my clients, "If you are drunk, your baby is drunk." Alcohol moves freely in and out of the bloodstream. It is not "stored up" there until you get it out. You're good to nurse. Take a vitamin B pill and you will feel better.
    Certified Lactation Counselor Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"