Success after IF
Options

First night away from LO

So tonight, DH and I have to go to a wedding shower of a friend of mine in town. My ILs are coming over to watch DS, and we are only going to be gone a couple of hours. But still, I feel tons of anxiety about leaving him! Any tips on how to get past this? My brain is telling me I am being ridiculous, but the mommy in me won't relent. Oy vey!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First night away from LO

• Options
    I can see why you would have a hard time leaving him, he is precious :) I will say that the longer you wait the harder it gets.....mine are almost a year & I have yet to leave them with IL's, I tell myself it's because it might be too much work for them but it's entirely me being ridiculous.  Mommy needs time too so try to have a fun few hours with your DH & friends & don't beat yourself up when you call or text 10 times to see if he is ok :)  GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would think this would be hard, too. Have fun with your DH and keep calling to make yourself feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have left LO with my mom for 3 hours, but I'm too nervous to leave her alone with anyone else. But when I left her with my mom the first, and only, time, I just stayed really busy. We were only gone 3 hours, and I did fine once I got out the door. As soon as our event started winding down I got really antsy to get back home. So that's my advice, stay busy so you don't sit and dwell on missing LO. GL and enjoy your night out!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We left lo right around the same time for a friends wedding. I get antsy and wanted to get home but after getting back I realized she was perfectly fine and my ILs had a great time with her. So I completely understand, but my advice is to enjoy some free time and take that mental break. It's a great recharge and much needed date night with your Dh. Also, try not to talk about that adorable guy. Enjoy each other.
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The anxiety should ease off a little about 15 minutes after you leave.  Don't have any tips on how to help it, but I totally understand!  Write down everything they need to do, so you don't have to worry about them forgetting something, and tell yourself that if you are too anxious, you can always leave early and go home.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

The first time I was away from DS1 I went to a baby shower when he was about the same age.  For me it was so nice to be able to have grown up conversation and not have all the focus be on my baby. I could talk to other people about other things. I found people were more willing to talk about themselves if I wasn't holding a baby. I had a drink. I had a lot of fun. And then I got to end the evening by going home and getting to snuggle my baby.  :)

Have a great time! :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know how you feel. Every time I leave her with anyone I worry. I keep waiting for it to get easier, but I still want to rush home every time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"