December 2012 Moms
Options

SO Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!

Warning: Bit of a rant:  I've been sick now for 3 frecking weeks.   Miserably.   First 4 days I suffered through; called OB Nurse and was told I could take Robitussen DM and Claritin D 12 hrs, tylenol for the headache.  

Week 2 I started to feel a bit better but still fought it.  Called my GP, he recommeneded just waiting until my OB appoitnment (which was Thursday of week 2)... Okay no problem.  OB listened to my lungs... said they 'sound a little wet but I think you are on the tail end of it.' 

This week (week 3)  I'm frecking dying again!   I finally went to my OB again and begged to be seen because my GP AGAIN didn't feel comfortable seeing me...(DUDE, Your a DOCTOR, WTF).  Urgent care/Walk-in clinic said because I'm in my 3rd trimester they would send me straight to the ER/ Labor and Delivery.  So I walked up to my OB and said PLEASE there is an elephant on my chest, every time I cough it's so forceful that I'm peeing in my pants or throwing up (TMI, sorry); there is more, much more; but I won't gross you out anymore.   So yesterday they gave me a z-pack, granted I'm only on dose 1 right now and due for dose 2 in 3 hrs but I feeel worse today than I did yesterday. 

And just in case anyone is wondering the world does NOT stop spinning because mom is sick.  My 3 year old still needs, well everything.  My DH is traveling for work, so he's no help.  My Work is asking if I can at least do some work from home because I'm so behind and my cleaning lady doesn't feel comfortable coming over since I'm sick (I can't really blame her) We are nearly out of of every damn thing in the pantry and I'm soooo ready to not be sick anymore. 

pregnancy due date BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SO Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!

• Options
    I think it depends which doctors you see.  When I was seeing my internal medicine doctor and trying to start a family, he told me that he couldn't see me and that I had to see my ob instead even for annual physical.  Fast forward, I switched to a family doctor at different medical group while I'm in my 1st trimester pregnant this time, she saw me and even check my fundal height and gave advise to my birth plan since I's a FTM.  Now that I'm on my 3rd trimester, I don't think any doctors would like to see me if I'm sick, not even my ob nor my MFM doctor, the front desk forwarded me to L&D to talk to a triage nurse.  If needed, they will transfer me to the ob on call.  It always take longer to recover during pregnancy when you're sick. This is a good place to rant.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Could you get your cleaning lady to do some shopping for you? She could just pass along the reciept and you could reimburse her and she could drop off the grocheries on the front porch without entering. Or maybe a neighbor/friend?

Hope you begin feeling better because that is a lot of stress.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dam girl! You got a shiittyy deal the past few weeks. Hopefully you'll be on the mend now. I've also been sick for almost 2 weeks, but not feeling too bad, just congested and coughing (which of course also means not sleeping...) my 22month old is in full blown 'mommy pick me up' mode and I threw my back out Wed night while I coughed and peed myself at the same time :/. We started construction this week to build a room for thIs new baby and the stress is adding up.

so heres to feeling better... Cheers!

edited b/c I hit post before I was done typing :/

photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm glad you got the z-pack, sounds like it might have turned into bronchitis. That's weird that your GP won't see you for non-pregnancy issues. I have to see mine for np issues. My insurance is ridiculous though, so I'm sure that is why. It is a pain in the butt to have to communicate between the two.

Do you have any friends or family near by that could maybe take your 3y/o for the day or night so you can try to rest? Do you have someone you could have run to the grocery store for you, just to tide you through? When will DH be home to help?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I know the feeling...well, I have a cold, so not quite what you're going through.  My DH is immunosuppressed though, so I am quaranteened (sp?) to the nursery that still has a spare bed in it for now.  I have literally been in bed for the past 48 hours and I'm not going to lie, it feels kind of good.  I am over the stuffy nose and head congestion though. It's not fun taking sudafed and drinking 100 oz of water a day when you have to pee every 3.5 seconds.  I can comisserate with you.  Hang in there, there's relief in sight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"