October 2011 Moms
Options

Dogs+Code Buttercream=me crying

I got up early and went downstairs to put the candy dishes out and set the cupcakes on the stands. I only made 24 because we are having a huge cake, plus that's all the stands will hold. When DD woke up, I nursed her upstairs. Cue loud noises downstairs. DH goes downstairs to check on everything. When he comes back up I ask did Rufus (our big dog) mess something up? I don't remember his response exactly, but whatever he said, I took as a no. I went downstairs after nursing DD and was in the kitchen making tea and noticed the cupcake toppers by the sink. I didn't have any extra toppers so walked into the dining room where we have the party set up. 7 cupcakes are missing. I ask my MIL if Rufus got on the table, and she wouldn't answer me. I guess her and DH were hoping I wouldn't notice. Yeah, umm worked on those cupcakes a while, I think I would notice if there were several missing. So here I am, an hour and a half from the party baking more cupcakes. I was more upset with DH for not telling me sooner. And the dog has been banished outside for an undetermined amount of time. At least I have a good story to write in Ava's baby book.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dogs+Code Buttercream=me crying

• Options

Aww I am sorry.  That sucks.  I hope nothing else goes wrong today!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bake all of my cakes at home ( i do it as a side gig) . My dogs have devoured entire cakes from the cooling racks on the stove or table before. I totally feel for you. I've cried over many a cake, or cupcake as it were. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no! That is something my little snitcher would do.

Well maybe it was a blessing in disguise. It could of been the cake and smash cake. Now you're guard is not down and the cake is safe.

Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can commiserate with you my dog steals everything.  We are sending her away tonight because she will snatch plates away from children at the party.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    We survived the party. DD had a blast with all of her older cousins. I need a nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That sucks about the cupcakes, but so glad the party went well! Happy birthday to your DD!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"