Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Birthday Party Activities

My DS's 3rd birthday party is in 3 weeks. It's Cookie Monster themed. I'm gonna bake sooooo many cookies!! As usual we're having it at my MIL's because she has a big backyard. I stay away from going to Chuck E Cheese or Pump It Up for parties because I don't like the idea of being told what we can serve and how much time we have. I always sleep over at MIL's the night before and get up nice and early to set up.
Here's the problem: my LO and all the other kids his age are content to run around outside and play with all the toys my SIL so graciously dragged out of the garage. The teenagers in the family play basketball in the driveway. The largest group, like in between the ages of 6 and 12 are BEGGING to go inside and play XBox. From "Pin the ______ on the _________" all the way up to the pinata, you can hear my nephew whining about his game. One year he got to go play and a huge fracas began over the controller sending at least one cousin home early.
What can I do to combat this? I wanted to get a bounce house but it's not in the budget. I was thinking about maybe including the xbox and putting it in the garage or in the basement to play some Kinect games. We can bring ours because I can bet dollars to donuts that DH and BIL will be playing Black Ops on the one there for at least some of the time. Hmmmmm.......
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday Party Activities

• Options
    Would it start WWWIII if you omitted the video games and provide age-appropriate activities?  Maybe do a cookie-eating contest?  Make gigantic cookies and see who can finish it the quickest.  Let them decorate their own cookies with different colored frosting and sprinkles.  Put together a cookie hunt with a bunch of clues/riddles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I tried that last year (it was a Dr. Seuss party). I had a treasure hunt with riddles and everything. It didn't go over well.

The cookie decorating thing is a good idea though.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"