1st Trimester
Options

Clear Blue Digital BFP & BFN!!!!!! HELP!

I took a clearblue digital this morning and it said 'pregnant'.....I then used the same urine for the other test in the box and it said 'not pregnant'!!!!!!

Now I'm confused...AF was due yesterday. Two days ago I took 3 dollar store tests and they were all completely negative!

HELP! Have you experienced this? Maybe I'll run out and get another test... 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Clear Blue Digital BFP & BFN!!!!!! HELP!

• Options
    I was so shocked while writing that post that I don't know if I made clear what happened....lol...in 5 minutes I got a positive and a negative from the same box of tests, same FMU
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Are you sure those tests are not expired?  I'd check that first just in case.

you also are most likely just very early, and just like dollar store test, sometimes the test strips inside of the CBE's can differ slightly in sensitivity.  I would suggest going out and buying some FRER's and maybe a new box of digitalis, and try testing again tomorrow morning using FMU.  Keep us posted!  

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    False BFP's are very uncommon so I would go with pregnant. It's possible it's too early for the hormone level to be very strong. I would test once more tomorrow morning to be sure.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Options

Thanks Ladies! The tests are not expired...don't expire for two years.

I just read a bunch of horrible reviews on amazon (I got mine for target) and they said they got a 'pregnant' result from the test and then a negative blood test. Boo! That stinks...Oh well, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I will test in the morning again and let you all know =) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard so many complaints about the clear blue and how they give false readings and aren't reliable. So I stayed away from them. The First Response FRER have by far been the most reliable through 3 BFPS testing positive for me 5-7 days before AF was due (i know this varies for people due to ovulation) go get one of those and then let us know!!! :) GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree - go get a FRER and hold your pee (or wait until tomorrow morning) and test again.  Good luck!
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Options

I would also recommend buying FRERs and try testing tomorrow morning with those.

It took me until 16DPO to get a positive on a Dollar Tree test, over a week after a FRER showed a faint but obvious line.  

Sorry, I know how frustrating this whole thing is! Good luck! 

My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    I appreciate all the advice! I bought a 3 pack of FRER. I will test first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm just figuring I'm not pg because of all the bad reviews about these tests. I got my BFP with my 19 month old with a clear blue digital : so I was hoping it would work out.

I'll let you all know in the morning. Then we will really know if these tests are reliable or not lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"