C-sections

RCS Question

I am not actually pregnant again, but for some reason I feel like I have to gather as much intel as possible beforehand.

Will they let you plan on having a RCS, but go into labor naturally? Or do you HAVE to pick a date if you want a RCS? 

And FYI I still have absolutely no idea which way I will go with my next one, VBAC or RCS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RCS Question

• When you tell your dr you want a RCS your dr wil schedule a surgery date (well, not right when you tell them lol).  I think I was 32 weeks when mine was scheduled (it was scheduled for wk 39).  DS decided to come early though so yes I labored but it was all over my charts that I was a RCS so 1hr into my 37th week he was born.  So, your short answer is yes, if you want a RCS you do have to schedule the surgery (mine was based on OR availability).  But if you go into labor first then it's different.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • It depends.  I know of a few docs who will let you wait until you go into labor (or at least until your due date) before scheduling the surgery, but the practice I go to will not.  I was given a choice of 2 dates - 39w1d or 39w3d - because the docs have 2 scheduled surgery days at the hospital.  My RCS was scheduled when I was 24w I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehmhiggin:

I am not actually pregnant again, but for some reason I feel like I have to gather as much intel as possible beforehand.

Will they let you plan on having a RCS, but go into labor naturally? Or do you HAVE to pick a date if you want a RCS? 

And FYI I still have absolutely no idea which way I will go with my next one, VBAC or RCS.

I was told on Friday I couldn't have a vbac, so next Friday I get to schedule my RCS. Now...my doctor is going to schedule it for the end of October or 1st week in November, but she is going to let me do my thing and if I go into labor before my date, then so be it.  

• They will schedule your RCS, but if you went into labor naturally then they would do it sooner.  My Dr. requires that you schedule it between 39 and 40 weeks and that will only change if you go into labor or have some issue that requires the baby to come out sooner.  Not sure how other doctors do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"