June 2011 Moms
Options

Evening eating

How much or how many times does your LO's eat when you get home.  DH picks DS up from DC and feeds him dinner before I get home from practice or he is finishing when I get home.  But about 2 hours later, DS is pointing at fridge and very fussy wanting more to eat.  It's like he eats twice at night.  I think he usually eats a decent lunch & know he eats a good breakfast.  DH said that even though he is fussy for dinner that he doesn't think he is eating all the much.  Just curious if any other LO's do this also.

Re: Evening eating

• Options
    I feel like DS is eating non stop these days, and guzzling milk. He ate around 5 and 7 tonight. And of course all through out the day!
  • Options

imagenfrtny:
    I feel like DS is eating non stop these days, and guzzling milk. He ate around 5 and 7 tonight. And of course all through out the day!

I feel the same way about DD. Even right after a big meal, 30 minutes later she's pounding on the kitchen door like she wants me to get her more food. She almost always has some sort of snack after dinner, always after breakfast and lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've noticed Maya is eating a lot more these days too, always wanting a snack. She also stopped drinking milk this week because I took away the bottle and she refuses to drink it out of a sippy cup.
  • Options
    DS always has a snack around 4. He then has dinner around 6 which consists of whatever his meal is going to be, some fruit and "dessert" which is usually some type of animal or grahm craker. He then has his last bottle of milk about 7 right before bed. So I guess there is a lot of eating going on in the evening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad to hear we are not the only one.  I say if he eats like this now.  He is definitely going to eat us out of our home.
  • Options
    Em eats breakfast and lunch and will snack in the afternoon and begs for it like your LOs, but she isn't a good dinner eater and doesn't snack after dinner time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ella usually has 3 meals a day and 3 sometimes 4 healthy snacks. They are growing and learning and doing so much I think it's normal they eat that much. As long as its nutritious food and they aren't filling up on crackers cookies and juice it's just fine. My kid can eat all the fruits veggies and milk and water she wants!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Callie typically has breakfast at 7:30, lunch at 11:30, and dinner at 6:30. She has snacks in between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. Once she'd done with dinner she plays a little, has a bath, and goes to bed around 8. So there's no food after dinner here.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    C has a snack at school around 2 to 3, then DH gives him a snack when he gets home about 4:30. Then we eat dinner about 6. If he doesn't get a snack when he gets home, he's a total bear.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    DH and DS get home around 5:15 and he has a snack then. Dinner is around 6:30, then he gets a sippy of milk for the rest of the evening until it's time to go up for bed (7:30/7:45).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"