Parenting
Options

CT teacher mistakenly kills his son

I cannot even imagine how this man feels. His sister called him to say she thought there was an intruder outside. The boy (for reasons unknown) was dressed in black with a ski mask on and had what appeared to be some sort of weapon in his hand. The man shot the boy when he stepped toward him, thinking he was a burglar, and killed him

https://abcnews.go.com/US/connecticut-teacher-shot-masked-son-police-identified-body/story?id=17349516#.UGZQVE3A8fU

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CT teacher mistakenly kills his son

• Options
    What the frick was that kid doing in all black, ski mask carrying a knife?! In the middle of the night no less?
    Eta: and a 15year old out at 1am? in clothes mentioned above
    I totally feel bad for the dad. But I'm thinking, and could totally be wrong, but he might have saved his sisters life
  • Options

imagechapski:
    What the frick was that kid doing in all black, ski mask carrying a knife?! In the middle of the night no less?

That's the million dollar question! They said he wasn't a troubled kid that they knew of so who knows. I can't say I blame the man for shooting if he thought it was an intruder with a weapon but damn, that really sucks. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ...bumping from phone. Sorry for typing errors.
  • Options
    I read this earlier and at first I was like how the f..? But then I read the part about the mask and approaching with an apparent weapon and was really confused. Poor family.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    imagechapski:
    What the frick was that kid doing in all black, ski mask carrying a knife?! In the middle of the night no less? Eta: and a 15year old out at 1am? in clothes mentioned above I totally feel bad for the dad. But I'm thinking, and could totally be wrong, but he might have saved his sisters life
    All of this. He should have been asleep in bed. Very strange.

• Options
    I can't imagine how this man must feel, but I also don't know why people feel the need to take the law into their own hands.  Leave the house and call the cops.
  • Options
    imageWufroggy79:
    I can't imagine how this man must feel, but I also don't know why people feel the need to take the law into their own hands. nbsp;Leave the house and call the cops.

I do kinda agree that the sister should've called 911 first but sometimes response time is really slow. If there was some one in my house w a knife ski mask.... My husband would probably shoot him.
  • Options
    So very very sad. I hate guns in the home.
  • Options
    imageMrsGoodkat:

imagechapski:

That's the million dollar question! They said he wasn't a troubled kid that they knew of so who knows. I can't say I blame the man for shooting if he thought it was an intruder with a weapon but damn, that really sucks. 

The whole thing sucks and I feel bad for the dad.  From what I read, I'm wondering if this kid was going to steal from the house and this was staged robbery gone wrong.  I mean, its not like he would need to break in and no one would suspect a household member.  It is really weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"