June 2012 Moms

NBR

I've posted a lot in the past few days, more than ever before. Its because I'm trying to keep myself occupied and off FB and away from the TV. I'm just so upset with my whole community right now. Four years ago Wednesday the world lost a wonderful woman who battled cancer for 20 odd years. She was diagnosed with breast cancer for the first time at 23 and fought and fought to stay with her children for as long as possible.

This past Wednesday a man who had been our local morning news anchor for 14 years, a man everyone loves and had their coffee with every morning shot himself. He left behind 3 children and a wife. No one will discuss what he did except in gossip and the news did a whole memorial show with over a thousand comments and letters about how much people loved him and how great a man he was. There is beginning to be some drama on FB people wanting to know how he passed. Other people getting upset that its no ones business how it happened and to respect the family.

Sorry, but as a surviving family member of someone who committed suicide this makes me very angry because I know how much his family is hating all the WE LOVED HIM, HE WAS SUCH A GOOD MAN posts. All those people didn't really know him and no good man would choose to leave his kids behind. I'm also upset because just last week they did a suicide awareness and prevention segment, saying how important it is to talk about it and raise awareness and this week were not allowed to talk about it and the subject is taboo.

I don't know if I'm so upset because my friend fought to stay with her kids and couldn't and he just abandoned his or if its because no one will discuss what he did. Sorry, I know this doesn't really belong here but I have no where else to take it. I just had to vent. It's not even important anybody read it, just that I had to write it.

Re: NBR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"