Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

4 yr old daughter question

Tonight when my DD got out of the bath I noticed something on her vulva. She was laying on my bed in her towel & when she unwrapped herself I saw something dark in color. First I thought it was poop from her not wiping herself well enough. On closer inspection I noticed that on the vulva or skin over the clitorus had a reddish purple line going down toward the vagina. I also noticed some dark brown discharge in her vagina.

When I touched it with a tissue she said it hurt. She has not complained about it all day at all. Only when I touched it w/ the tissue. Not when peeing or wiping did she say anything at all today. I of course asked her if anyone had touched her there or if she fell on it. To both she said no. I believe her because she didn't seem evasive when I asked.

Anyone see this? Know what it could be? I will be calling the pedi first thing in the AM but I'm freaking out right now.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 yr old daughter question

• Options
    Yikes, I don't know! Is there any chance she put something in there??
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Took her to the pedi today. It was a nightmare & I ended up leaving in tears and yelling at the dr. 

Dr comes in & I explain whats going on. So she says, "ok well I need to check it." I proceed to try & get DD to take her pants off. She fights me screaming & kicking. Dr stands by the door just staring at us. Makes no attempt to approach or offer help. Mind you this is a Dr. DD doesn't normally see. She saw her a year ago & that's it. The doctor made no attempt introduce herself to DD or make her feel comfortable.

I finally get her pants off & Dr is able to examine her. Dr wants to do a swab to be sure there is no internal bleeding or discharge caught in her vagina. DD freaks out. Starts climbing the walls with her legs. I can't hold her arms & legs down. Dr does nothing. Just stands there. She than offers to get help. She calls in the receptionist! Receptionist does nothing. The Dr says after only a minute or so of this going on, "this is taking too long. I have other patients to see. When you can get her calmed down I'll come back."

Are you F#CKING kidding me? You are the one she is freaking out over. If you would just try to talk to her & reassure her you aren't going to hurt her maybe she will allow you to help her. I ended up crying & walking out. As I'm walking out they all look at me & say, "whats going on." I said, "she's a 4 year old girl with something wrong with her vaginal area. Maybe you could work on a little compassion and than she'd calm down."  

DD was upset & thought I was upset with her. I had to reassure her that I wasn't & I was upset with how the Dr. treated us. That she did absolutely nothing wrong.  I mean grown women have a difficult time with having vaginal examines. What does this doctor think a 4 yr old girl is going to act like. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"