January 2012 Moms
Options

EBF coming to an end...

and im heartbroken.

Thankfully I built up an amazing stash of BM in the beginning.  I was able to give DS exclusive breast milk the first 6 months. I waited to introduce solids until after his 6 month appt.  So far he's been getting his solids and BM...well with  my stash dwindling and my body not making as much these days it looks like we are going ot have to start giving formula once a day in the next 2 weeks.  Why am I so crushed over this ?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EBF coming to an end...

• Options

DS has already had some formula- I just don't always pump enough and I've never had a stash.  I felt the same way you do- just devastated!  But as long as you are mostly BFing, try not to feel bad!  You have done great to make it this far!

Have you tried all the tricks to increase your supply?  Like drinking more water and eating more calories?  Eating oatmeal or lactation cookies ( here's the recipe I've made- https://www.andherecomesthesun.com/2012/05/lactation-cookies.html)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat (posted on the breastfeeding board). I've been pumping twice a day at work and my second pump I barely get an ounce and it's SO frustrating. I've tried everything except the fenugreek supplements and haven't had any luck. So I decided for my sanity to drop the afternoon pump and supplement with formula during the day. I already started with some formula this past week to get her used to it and am dropping the afternoon pump this week. I think we should be proud we've made it so far!!!! I am just hoping my body will adjust and I can nurse her when I'm with her. I'm not ready to stop altogether!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"