1st Trimester
Options

Is this safe to eat while pregnant?

Does anyone have the rundown on what kind of eggs are safe and what are not?

I am thinking nay on sunny side up?  

What about a fried egg?  Or poached?

Also, Hollandaise sauce?

I am having a bday brunch Sunday! lol 

Obviously hard boiled and scrambled are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is this safe to eat while pregnant?

• Options

My hubby thinks Hollandaise might have raw eggs in it?

• Options
    imagejenohouston:

My hubby thinks Hollandaise might have raw eggs in it?

Not really. If it's a packet sauce then no, if you have it in a restaurant then the eggs are pasteurized and it's fine. You can eat your eggs however you want. The heat kills any bacteria and honestly your more likely to salmonella from peanut butter than an egg. Enjoy your darn eggs. If you spend you whole pregnancy worrying over what you can and cannot eat will drive you crazy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing with runny yolks. Which sucks! If hollandaise has raw egg, then that's a no go as we'll. Heck, no cookie/cakebrownie batter either for that reason.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've heard all of hose can be risky. I would try to go for an omelet to make it feel more fancy. Is it for your birthday? If so, happy birthday!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options
    I just asked my OB about this today because my husband makes the *best* fried egg sandies and she said it was fine since it's heated.  Raw eggs that aren't heated, probably not such a good idea.
  • Options
    Raw/Undercooked egg is not safe. While I agree with the pp that said you will go crazy trying to worrry about what's safe and what isn't...I figure, it's only 9 months and the risk of the "no" foods just aren't worth it to me!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    ya, as long as it's not raw, you're safe :) this goes for all foods. everything must be washed properly and cooked thoroughly
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Thanks ladies,

And the poster that asked, it is for my bday! 

I would rather be safer than sorry, so thank you for fantastic responses!  I appreciate it!  

I love eggs by the way but sunny side I will prob avoid...a little runny for me anyway.  Now a fried egg..... yum....

• Options
    Hollandaise is made off egg yolks and butter emulsified over a double boiler, which cooks the egg. It is safe to eat if the eggs are pasteurized. Very yummy, but not so good on the cholesterol. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"