2nd Trimester
Options

16 week appt??? what to expect

what to expect? I have my 16th week appt in a week or so, and I don't know what to expect. My mom wants to come to the u/s when the gender is revealed. I know I'm having my a/s in Nov but will my OB check for gender  at my next visit or will we listen to the heart beat only? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 16 week appt??? what to expect

• Options
    My last appointment was at 16 weeks and it was just a regular appointment. They checked the heartbeat, got my weight(yelled at me for not gaining again), and usually they measure your uterus too but I had 2 kids in a row so they don't even bother with that anymore. Then he talks to me about what's coming up, like last week we discussed the ultrasound I have at 18 weeks. Then he'll ask me if I have any questions (I always freeze when he asks this so I write down stuff at home as it comes up that way I can ask him). Oh and check vitals.
  • Options
    Call and check with your doctor's office, they can tell you. That's what I did!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 16 week appointment was just a basic check. Weight, BP, HB, Any questions? aaaaand done. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If there's no U/S, it will just be a normal check up (weight, bp, heartbeat, etc).  If your not sure, I'd call just to be sure that you're not having an u/s.
  • Options

My next appointment is October 11th and I'll be 17weeks at that point.  I knew at 16 weeks we could find out the sex so I called and scheduled the ultrasound to find out the sex.  My dr's office doesn't do ultrasounds, the hospital does so I called my Dr's head nurse and she scheduled it for me.  I'm a planner so no knowing when my "sex" ultrasound would be drove me nuts. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No idea how they do it in other places, but where I am we had the a/s at 20 weeks that's when we found out the gender.
  • Options
    The OB used a doppler machine to check LOs heart beat but there wasn't an u/s until my a/s at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I didnt want my mom to take time off from work for nothing! I guess the a/s will be good enough. My OB's office is huge about 20 Dr's and midwifes, the front office doesnt know anything about what goes on in appointments.
  • Options

16 Weeks for me was a "belly check" - measured the belly, listened to heartbeat... that's about it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my 16 week yesterday and I only had an u/s because the dr couldnt find the heart beat with the doppler. Since the u/s tech had already gone for the day my OB did it and she was just checking for the heartbeat. The pics werent even that good and they werent looking for anything other than movement and heartbeat. Turns out everything is fine I just have an anterior placenta which makes hearing and feeling the baby more difficult. 
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"