June 2012 Moms
Options

Not Rolling

Okay, I am starting to get a little concerned b/c DS isn't rolling yet. I know it's just me being paranoid, but it's bugging me a lot now. I even got a Similac email saying that he would probably have reached this milestone already. He's got great head/neck strength and loves to be held where he can look around. Unfortunately, he's had a lot of issues with reflux and spit-up, so I only do tummy time with him about once a day. (I've been trying to do more lately; spit-up be danged.) He also usually screams within about 5 minutes of being put on his tummy, no matter what kind of toys and other distractions I put around. When he is tolerating being on his tummy, he's doing the army man crawl rather than trying to roll. Is there anything I should do to get him rolling? (As I say this, I am also wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot wanting him to roll b/c I know it's going to lead into those nights of,  "Help, I rolled onto my stomach and now I am mad!"

Re: Not Rolling

• Options

I am in the exact same boat.  DDs neck and upper body strength is so good the doctor even commented on it.  She will do tummy time for 5-10 minutes (maybe longer if she is in a good mood) and can also scoot, but no rolling over!  It is driving me nuts!  

When is your 4 month appointment?  Ours is on the 13th.  I am going to ask my doc about it then... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO just rolled tummy to back once. She is also doing the army crawl. Milestones are averages so they may hit them before or after. I am sure your LO is fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think my baby is too fat to roll. If I give him a little push he can finish it, but

He wants to be sitting up so its pretty hard to get him on his back or his belly

• Options
    DS rolled like 5-6 times before he was 5 weeks...since then, nada. He has always been great about holding his head up and is good and strong, he just hates tummy time and is not at all interested in rolling. He is nearly 4 months and has almost mastered sitting up, though. From what I have read some babies sit and try to stand before they roll...l wouldn't worry about it unless your dr is concerned. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

I'm sure your DS is just fine! My DS only rolled one time and it was from belly to back. He doesn't really do the army man crawl.. he kinda scoots himself around the crib in a circle. lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagenotfrancie:

I am in the exact same boat.  DDs neck and upper body strength is so good the doctor even commented on it.  She will do tummy time for 5-10 minutes (maybe longer if she is in a good mood) and can also scoot, but no rolling over!  It is driving me nuts!  

When is your 4 month appointment?  Ours is on the 13th.  I am going to ask my doc about it then... 

We go for his 4 month checkup on the 24th, 10 whole days past his actual 4 month birthday. Argh!

• Options

Your baby sounds like my DS.  He wasn't ever very interested in rolling, but was trying to crawl pretty early on like your kiddo.  I don't remember his pedi considering it a problem and he's doing just fine now at three :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagethatoneredhead:

I think my baby is too fat to roll.

I just read somewhere that long, thin babies roll sooner than chubbier babies.  So I think it's normal.  Also, the rolling milestone isn't until 6 months, I think.  I am going to enjoy DS trying to roll and be thankful that he stays where I set him for a few more moments! 

• Options
    imagethatoneredhead:
    I think my baby is too fat to roll. If I give him a little push he can finish it, butHe wants to be sitting up so its pretty hard to get him on his back or his belly

This exactly. My 20lb porkchop is more interested in sitting. Or just laying haha. Belly or back he doesn't seem too interested in attempting any switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"