October 2011 Moms
Options

"I hope your baby dies of leukemia." *Update*

Yes, that is what was said to me today at Target.  I was moving an empty cart out of the way for a kind of sickly looking man in his late 30s, early 40s who had a walker and looked like a broken leg or something.  Instead of a "thank you" I got, "You stupid c***.  I hope your baby dies of leukemia."  I was utterly shocked and replied with "You have no right to speak to people that way." I then went to the parking garage to leave Target.  As I was driving out, I saw him on the corner waiting for the bus stop.  Looking back, I probably should have just drove by for safety reasons, but I was so enraged.  I rolled down my window and yelled "Shame on you, you are pure evil!!" and he then proceeded to call me every Asian racist slur in the book along with a bunch of other obscenities.  There actually happened to be some cops at the corner, so HE hailed them thinking he had a case against me.  He kept yelling "She's harrassing me!, She's harassing me!"  The cops drove up to my car and just told me to ignore him and pay no bother.  I drove home crying stunned at the blind hatred in this world.  You know, I can handle the racist remarks, but when it comes to wishing ill will upon an innocent baby, I just have no f-ing words. 

Update:  I reported this guy to the store manager.  He was pretty appalled as well and had me give him the serial numbers at the bottom of my receipt which correlate with the video footage.  He said he will look at the exact incident in the store and rely the info to his employees so they can also be on the lookout for this guy.  Realistically, I don't think it's likely he can be barred from the store considering Target is such a huge store, but I appreciate the manager's efforts.

On another note, thank you for all the kind words.  I feel much better after processing everything that happened, and I'm just grateful that my 3yo was in preschool today and didn't have to witness this altercation.  I guess there are a lot of @ssholes in this world and, at some point, you're bound to encounter one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "I hope your baby dies of leukemia." *Update*

• Options

This is so horrible. My heart hurts reading all of the hateful things he said to you.

It sounds like the police were familiar with him, so I'm guessing he isn't well and that this isn't the first time he's done something like this. All the same, neither you nor your sweet baby deserved his hateful rants.

I'm so sorry.

• Options
    That is absolutely horrible what happened to you today and I am very sorry you had to experience that. That guy obviously has some mental issues because a normal person wouldn't do something like that. Screw him! Don't let him get you down and ruin your day! Hugs to you.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like you're one of the Chicago bumpies. Which Target was this?
  • Options

I have no words...I am so sorry that you had to deal with this horrible piece of sh!t.  Thank God that your sweet LO cannot understand his hateful words. (((hugs)))

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that! That man is a a terrible excuse for a human being. Mentally ill or not I can't imagine what would make someone wish such a terrible thing to a child. I karma catches up with this guy.
  • Options
    That is disgusting, Lizzie. I'm horrified on your behalf.
  • Options
    WTF?!  That's horrible.  I'm so sorry you had to experience that!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    imagecrystalbaby:

Indifferent

That man obviously has a mental disorder. It's impossible not to take that personally but I would try to blame it on his diminished mental capacity.

I'm really sorry that happened. I definitely would not be able to shake that. I hate when I go out and some asshat does something to shake my faith in humanity.  

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about the mental disorder. I am sorry you had to endure that. ((hugs)) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is so horrible.

Like you said, I could handle all the mean things thrown at me but it blows my mind anyone could say such a horrible, horrible thing about a baby.

I think I would have gone crazy in the store.

• Options
    imageFianschneid:

This is so horrible. My heart hurts reading all of the hateful things he said to you.

It sounds like the police were familiar with him, so I'm guessing he isn't well and that this isn't the first time he's done something like this. All the same, neither you nor your sweet baby deserved his hateful rants.

I'm so sorry.

Fianschneid- if I recall you live in the same area as I do.  This was at the Target on Montrose and Broadway.  I usually go to the Target on Elston, but of course, this one day I changed it up.

• Options
    imagemrs.lizzieb:
    imageFianschneid:

I'm so sorry.

Fianschneid- if I recall you live in the same area as I do.  This was at the Target on Montrose and Broadway.  I usually go to the Target on Elston, but of course, this one day I changed it up.

This certainly doesn't make it any better, but I know that there are a lot of open door mental health facilities in that area (if you've ever taken the #36, you probably already know this).

Again, totally unacceptable for him to behave that way and hopefully he was reported to store management so he won't be allowed back. That doesn't take his awful words back, though. I'm very sorry this happened.

• Options
    I am SO sorry that you had to experience that.  I think you showed more self control than I would have.
  • Options
    Sorry you had to hear those horrible words.
  • Options
    I am holding back tears and anger all at the same time. I am so so so sorry this happened to you. You don't deserve that at all. :(
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through this today.  Ughh...I don't have the appropriate words to express my feelings towards this...but serious hugs coming your way!! 
  • Options
    What an ***! I am sorry you experienced that. Let's hope he crawls back in his cave and stays there. I would have had a hard time not breaking the other leg!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That sucks, I'm going with that he had a mental disorder. I had a guy call me all kinds of names at work a couple of months ago who also obviously was not mentally stable. It still hurts and makes you angry. He kept telling me he knew how I was looking at him and calling me the C word. I hope you never have to see him again.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

OMG. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It makes my stomach sick just thinking about someone saying that about an innocent baby. :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so very sorry you had to deal with that kind of hatred today :(  When it happens to me, I always try to remind myself that it's not really about me and to not take it personally.... they are fighting an internal battle with THEMSELVES. (Still makes you mad as hell though, I know.)

• Options
    wow, that's awful that you had to experience such hatred. Like PP, he probably had a mental disorder, but I know that still doesn't negate how he made you feel. *Hugs* and here's to wishing that you guys never encounter such an unpleasant experience ever again.
  • Options
    OMG- what a freak!  I'm sorry that happened to you.  That guy's got problems!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh ! That is such a horrible thing to say !

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"