1st Trimester
Options

Terrible Cold..HELP!

Alright ladies, I have caught this dreaded resp/cold thing going around and am miserable! I am already taking 1 sudafed maximum strength a day and Tylenol every 6 hours for fevers. I tried a vapor humidifier, warm bath and espom bath salts. Any other suggestions? 
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Terrible Cold..HELP!

• Options
    LURKER- When I was pregnant with DS I had an awful cold! My Dr. said to take Tylenol cold  (but only the 4 hr kind)... I think the 4 hr acting sudafed was also ok (but DBL check), there is something in the other sudafed that you should not be taking while pregnant.... Robitussin DS (also 4 hr acting) for cough. It worked great. Check with your Dr. just in case...also the pharmacist in Target or other similar stores know as well what is allowed while pregnant. If you call your Dr. the nurse should be able to tell you what you can take without an apt. Feel better
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in the process of getting over a cold. My doc ok'ed Tylenol products...Tylenol Cold, Tylenol Cold Nighttime, etc. I took the Tylenol cold at night and slept in the guest room. Took me a few days, but I feel better now. Though I seem to have developed a bit of a cough now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Although kind of awkward I have used a neti pot and it worked great. I can't really use it at work but just before bed and in the morning it's good. I find taking cold medicine only helps to a degree. I'll use regular tylenol for fever and a lot of rest.
  • Options
    Lurker here, but I just got over my cold. I was ok'd mucinex. After about two weeks of the cold, the Dr got me on some antibiotics. 
  • Options

imageblush64:
    Although kind of awkward I have used a neti pot and it worked great. I can't really use it at work but just before bed and in the morning it's good. I find taking cold medicine only helps to a degree. I'll use regular tylenol for fever and a lot of rest.

I have heard things about the neti pot and never thought of it! I will be trying this tonight! Thanks 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"