Multiples
Options

what to do for a new MoM

Hi ladies! I hope it's ok to post here. A friend just had twins at 35 weeks. I don't hadn't details, but it wasn't an easy delivery. She also has a toddler at home. We are going to go visit (she has approved us as visitors) but I would like to bring something nice and helpful. I have some hand knitted hats for the babies, but Wolff like to do something for her. What would you all suggest? TIA
imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

Re: what to do for a new MoM

• Options
    The BEST thing people brought was lunch and then a dinner for us to reheat- for the kids pampers or a gift card- don't bring clothes! If you have to bring clothes make it useful like pjs with snaps! My kids outgrew them and I have plenty of clothes! I feel like a jerky friend because before I had kids I would only bring an outfit- the meals are the best!!!! 
  • Options
    Absolutely bring meals, that is such a blessing during those first insanely crazy days/weeks. Diapers are always welcome too. And if you have the time, just hang out and spend some time with their toddler. I know from my own son's experience that bringing home two babies is a REALLY hard adjustment b/c even Daddy isn't free to make up for less time with Mommy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My favorite gift was definitely a meal. Even a freezer meal for later in the week/month.

I've decided a Target gift card and a meal are the gifts I will bring for anyone now...twins or not!

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageNMscubagirl:
    Hi ladies! I hope it's ok to post here. A friend just had twins at 35 weeks. I don't hadn't details, but it wasn't an easy delivery. She also has a toddler at home. We are going to go visit (she has approved us as visitors) but I would like to bring something nice and helpful. I have some hand knitted hats for the babies, but Wolff like to do something for her. What would you all suggest? TIA

It very thoughtful of you to actually *ask* this question versus assume what we should have.  I 3rd the food and diapers.  Those are things that will *always* be needed.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

another vote for food. 

and if she is a good friend, then clean something while you are there, the kitchen or bathroom for example.

• Options
    Thanks girls! I think she is going to be in the hospital for a while, but as soon as she comes home meals it is! I will try to bring her dinner in the hospital too. Thanks again!
    imageimage

IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    People have already said it, but I will say it again...FOOD.  Take that woman some food. Take as much food as you can carry.  I swear I wanted to kiss the couple of people who came to my house with food after my twins were born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    what was awesome for me, was when we were home, family came over in the afternoon and I got to sleep 3-4 hours uninterrupted. That was heaven for me too. And if they cleaned my house while they were there, even better.
  • Options

First of all, good luck on your FET!  You are such a strong person to be going and visiting new babies durng what you're dealing with.

A frozen dinner dropped off at ther house would be the best thing.  Other nice things in the NICU are bringng lunch up or something like that.  The hats are a nice idea...blankets too.  Things that look like "home" are really nice and spruce up the mood of the room.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagegringa78:

First of all, good luck on your FET!  You are such a strong person to be going and visiting new babies durng what you're dealing with.

A frozen dinner dropped off at ther house would be the best thing.  Other nice things in the NICU are bringng lunch up or something like that.  The hats are a nice idea...blankets too.  Things that look like "home" are really nice and spruce up the mood of the room.

Thanks! And thanks for the advice too. 

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    Same as what everyone else said. Food, diapers, maybe offer to clean something. I also got a few gift cards to restaurants where DH and I like to get takeout, and for Target.   . Those were great, too. 
  • Options

I also always gave people baby clothes as gifts BEFORE I had kids...the only clothes I would ever buy now would be button/zipper sleepers! I definitely agree that food, diapers, baby gifts cards, food gift cards, a cleaning lady for a day, etc are the best gifts!

Even though we had several baby showers, we were constantly running out in the first 3 months for things we didn't think we'd need-preemie diapers and clothes, bottle warmers (had hoped to ebf), swaddleme velcro blankets, etc.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options

Food and gift cards! And offer to help her with something. I have not had my babies yet, but my SIL said when first came home with triplets the best help came from people offering to do things. 

Ex: my mom has already begun buying gift cards to places I frequent - Target, BRU, Grocery Store and I have friends that have offered to run errands for me. It will be so nice to hand one a gift card to the grocery store and have her go get food basics I wil not have time to go out and buy.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"