Blended Families
Options

A little weird right now

I don't know if I should feel weird about this or grateful. DD1's BF and family have been SUPER-DUPER nice to me. This is the first time in 7 years that they've treated me like a human being instead of some "evil woman" trying to take her away from them. I am currently pregnant with my second daughter by my husband of 2 years, and the BF and fam are like night and day. They've been showering me with baby gifts (expensive monogramed items, hand made/crocheted blankets, clothes, etc) AND always asking me how I am doing. They are even letting DD1 miss her scheduled possessions next month to be here for the birth of the baby. Not to sound crude, but they could have given 2 sh*ts about me and my husband before I got pregnant. 

Should I be weirded out by this and think there is an ulterior motive or enjoy the niceness while it still lasts?  

Re: A little weird right now

• Options
    I would try and take it with a grain of salt and always wonder what the alterior motice is....Hopefully it is genuine niceness and wanting to do what is best for DD1
  • Options
    Both. I would be weirded out, but I would still try to enjoy the peace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is really weird... Did BD get someone pregnant, and they are doing this so that you will be flexible with him when his LO comes? Just a thought.

Also, what are scheduled possessions? 

• Options
    imagetwister22:

That is really weird... Did BD get someone pregnant, and they are doing this so that you will be flexible with him when his LO comes? Just a thought.

Also, what are scheduled possessions? 

I hope he didn't get some girl pregnant! *faints* He would have 3 kids by 3 different women and not pay child support for any of them, but seriously, not sure if that is a reason why they would be this nice.

As for scheduled possessions, we have a court order in place for when he can have visitation/possession of our daughter. It's every 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend of the month, every spring break, plus alternating Thanksgivings and Christmas'. Since we live out of state (we live in VA and he lives in TX) and he is behind 3 years worth of child support...he has to pay for ALL of her travel arrangements. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"