Preemies
Options

Another RSV question

Thanks for posting the info Bostonkisses2! I noticed that one of the qualifications for the shots is having a sibling. The NICU told us my twins should qualify becuase they are siblings but my pedi doesn't seem too think having a twin counts as a sibling. Does anyone have any idea?

They were born at 33 weeks in June so that doesn't qualify them. I took the year off of work to avoid putting them in daycare so they won't qualify for putting them in daycare which I think is really crappy btw.

I guess it is just a waiting game right now to hear back from the insurance company!

Ohh and does anyone have any idea how much the shots cost?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another RSV question

• Options

The sibling category is for babies with older siblings who will be bringing germs into the house. Presumably, your twins will be exposed to almost the exact same things so its not the same.

Really, all you can do is wait and see what the insurance says. And talk to your pedi about how important it is for your LOs given their specific history. Synagis is a great thing but its not a hospitalization-sentence if you don't get it. Either way its great you are able to stay home and take extra precautions to protect them, I did the same thing last year. Staying in is hard but totally worth it. 

• Options

I know of a twin mom who had it approved for one but not the other even after appeals. 

Both of mine qualified BUT they were 26 weekers with CLD.

Our EOB showed the cost near $1000 each and it's typically 5 or 6 shots.

GL! 

Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageijustcantthinkrightnow:
    I know of a twin mom who had it approved for one but not the other even after appeals.nbsp;nbsp;Both of mine qualified BUT they were 26 weekers with CLD.Our EOB showed the cost near 1000 each and it's typically 5 or 6 shots.nbsp;GL!nbsp;
    . I am afraid this could happen to us since one of our twins had more respitory issues than the other.

Either way we will be staying in for sure!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My 34 w 3 d twins qualified for RSV shots- they had to meet two criteria- they qualified with having a sibling (in my insurances' guidelines there was no language about sibling having to be older) and they were born in November.  The shots cost more as the child gets heavier- i think we paid around $400 each (the cost was more but this is after insurance) for the last ones my boys qualified for- since we had to meet the deductibles again (it was a new year).

I found my insurances' guidelines on Synagis on their website- it is a place to start.

• Options
    We found out this week that LO won't qualify. She was born in June at 32.5 weeks. She has no lung/ respiratory issues. She does have an older sibling who attends daycare. She doesn't go to daycare, but goes to a babysitter with 4 other kids of her own. They said she'd only qualify if she was born now instead of June.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"