Preemies

33.5 wks, 2 cm dilated, 7 hrs in triage

So, at my regular appt today, Dr's measurements went from "fingertip" last Friday to 1 cm dilated today. She sent me to triage and I dilated to 2 cm 2 hours later. Went up for developmental scan b/c I am thin and measuring small, but baby is large (5.5 lbs), so that's good. Released with "take it easy" instructions until appt Tuesday. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks!
March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 33.5 wks, 2 cm dilated, 7 hrs in triage

• at 24wk0d I was put on hospital bedrest because I was 1cm dlated and my cervix was very short. Between the bedrest and medicine to stop my contractions they were able to keep the babies in an extra 26 days before they were born.

Obviously your situation is different because you aren't being put on hospital bedrest, but the point is that you can definitely keep that baby cookin. Just listen to your doctor and take it easy. I would stay in bed as much as possible!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 1cm dilated at 27 weeks and then didn't deliver until 29.4 weeks. That amt of time would almost get you to term. It's great that baby is already measuring big. It's kinda weird that you dilated and they still sent you home. Are you contracting?

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • At 32 weeks I was sent to the hospital for blood work to check on my high blood pressure reading. When I got in to triage they hooked me up and found that I was contracting and already at 2 cm and 50% effaced. That landed me bed rest and procardia until 35 weeks. Well I never made it to 35 weeks. I went back in at 34w 4d and delivered the following day. I would definitely put yourself on bedrest.

Praying that you can keep baby baking for a few more weeks. 

• I was contracting for a bit.  20 oz of water stopped that within minutes.  They kept me an extra 3 hours and I'm on "take it easy" instructions for the weekend, until my Tues app.  Thankfully, I work from home, so that's easy.  Dinner, maternity photos at the house this weekend, and our last class at the hospital...only plans for the weekend:)
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"