Indiana Babies
Options

Home Poll

Seems like a lot of us are buying new homes or are in the market. Exciting and scary! How about a poll?

1. Where do you live now? (city, side of town, neighborhood, etc)

2. Where is your ideal location?

3. What is your least favorite thing about your current home?

4. What are the must-haves in your next home?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Home Poll

• Options

We're currently finishing out a lease for a rental we're in, but I'll play.

1. We are in a small town up north, but our current home is relatively close to the stores and restruaunts. 

2. We just bought 80 acres WAYYY out in the country (dirt roads and cornfields).  That's where we hope to spend the rest of our lives.

3. We live too close to neighbors.  I need country air.

4. I really just want a place where I can carry my coffee to a deck in the morning and hear no traffic or neighbors.  Just a place to relax and enjoy my family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're currently looking for a home to buy - in fact, we're looking at some houses Saturday mornings :-) 

1. Where do you live now? (city, side of town, neighborhood, etc) We live on the south side of Indy, right by Perry Meridian Middle School and Perry Meridian High School

2. Where is your ideal location?  Ideally we would like to live in Greenwood.  Any of the three school districts (Center Grove, Greenwood, Clark-Pleasant) will be okay.  Obviously Center Grove is the best, and we'll probably end up in Center Grove.  Right now though, we're also adding Perry Township to our search.  We're still young/only been married about a year, so this isn't going to be the home we stay at forever.  We figured we'd move again in 6 or 7 years to a bigger home, and by then kids (when we have them) would just be starting school.

3. What is your least favorite thing about your current home?  TOO SMALL!!!  DH bought this home about 5 years ago (when it was just him).  It's a 2 bdrm home.  There's only 4 rooms total in this thing, and the total square feet is only 980!!

4. What are the must-haves in your next home?  Lots of storage (closets, cabinets, etc).  Would love to have a 3 car garage.  Must be able to have sheds in the backyard.  Would love to have an open floor plan.  At least 3 bedrooms, 2 baths.  Good-size backyard.  (I know...we're picky haha)

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Where do you live now? (city, side of town, neighborhood, etc) - We live in downtown Indy, on the Near Eastside.  2. Where is your ideal location? - Ideally we would have loved to be out in the country somewhere on several acres.  I would prefer to move back south, but it's just not in the cards right now.  So, we settled for the suburbs of Avon.  :-)  We'll save our ideal location for retirement.3. What is your least favorite thing about your current home? - I love our little house, but it's too small for a growing family (1150 sq. ft.) and not in a safe location.  It was perfect for the two of us, but we're quickly outgrowing it and I don't feel good about raising children here.  I'm so sick of the crime.4. What are the must-haves in your next home? - Our absolute must-haves were 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a basement.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

After some negotiation our offer on the new house was accepted yesterday! So thrilled. The house is beautiful and the location is perfect :) 

1. Where do you live now? (city, side of town, neighborhood, etc)

Just north of downtown (Fall Creek Place)

2. Where is your ideal location?

Closer to downtown - it's where we work and play, and where the kids go to daycare/school. Eventually I'd like to have a place with more land though, maybe when I'm retired!

3. What is your least favorite thing about your current home?

It's a little too small, and the finishings aren't as nice as I'd like. There have also been some petty crime issues in the neighborhood.

4. What are the must-haves in your next home?

Bigger yard, 4+ bedrooms, large rec space.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"