Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Rash help

DS has broken out in a spotty rash all over his trunk and where his diaper fastens. We just started transitioning to WCM on Wednesday. But he's also just gotten over a fever from teething, had a circ. revicision, we're at Grandma's house so different laundry det. and house, etc. He doesn't seem to be bothered by the rash, it's not raised or pimply, or itchy. Do I take him to the pedi? I can't figure out what could be causing it because so much has changed from our normal routine and surroundings.

What's your rash experience? Suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rash help

• Options
    DS has been rashy for months. His pedi isn't concerned, since it isn't weeping or itchy. I use calendula cream once a day after bathtime, and Aquaphor on the spots on his face and it seems to help. I think my guy's just got really sensitive skin, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It could be any number of things.  It could be irritation from different detergent.  It could be a virus-you said he had a fever from teething. Are you sure it's just from teething? The fever could have been the start of a virus, and now the rash is showing up.  Some viruses start with a rash that starts on the trunk and spreads out to the limbs.  I would just keep an eye on it and maybe pick up some normal detergent that his skin is used to.  And you can put on some over the counter hydrocortisone and see if that helps.  As long as there are no other symptoms like vomiting or high fever, I wouldn't run to the pedi yet-even if it is a virus they will just tell you it has to run its course.  Especially if it doesn't seem to be bothering him. It should clear up in a few days.  If it persists after returning to normal detergent, then I would make an appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I figured it out! Target recently changed their diapers and now there's a blue liner in the front. The addition of this blue liner was causing the rash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"