Pregnant after 35

NT Scan Today!

Well, today was the big day for my NT scan. The baby was so busy moving and flipping and acting like an acrobat in there that it took the tech 5 minutes to get a heart rate (167, which seems fine). She also said I was measuring a bit ahead. I am 12w4d today and measured at 13w1d, which I guess is a good thing or at least okay, right? Better to measure a bit ahead than behind, isn't it?

As for the scan, the baby kept showing the wand his/her face and vertebrae, but did not want to get on his/her side. We finally got a measurement face-down and tried for a while to get a face-up measurement. She gave up and took blood and then had me lie down again and we finally got a face-up measurement. Both measurements were 2.1 mm. Is that a good result? The tech said they don't start worrying until they hit 3 mm.

I should have my bloodwork back before next weekend. FX that my adjusted risk numbers will be better and not worse...

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: NT Scan Today!

• Sounds like the measurement was a good one. Hopefully the rest will follow suit for good numbers.

Mine was stubborn that way too. We took three different attempts before the tech managed to get a good measurement.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That all sounds really good! :) Yay! Here's hoping all of your bloodwork numbers are super optimisitic! :) FX!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"