November 2011 Moms
Options

Switching from Formula to Milk

How do you do this?  My son currently drinks 4 6oz bottles a day, 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm.  He also gets 3 solid meals a day, he's completely on table food and feeds himself.  We introduced the sippy cup around 7 months, but just in the last month he has started to get the hang of it.  So I think we've pretty much mastered the sippy cup.  He gets some soy milk with breakfast like maybe 2oz in the sippy cup.  He's been drinking some soy milk since 9 months and really likes it.  We don't have milk allergies or anything, I just prefer soy milk and the Dr said it was fine.  I don't think switching him to the soy milk and no formula will be a problem taste wise.  Do you just switch to milk, 4 times a day and use a sippy cup instead of a bottle?  Do you drop a bottle each week for a sippy cup until you're completely off the bottle?  Do you drop those 2 mid day bottles for 1 sippy cup of milk at lunch time??  TIA!!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Switching from Formula to Milk

• Options

I haven't switched to milk yet, but DD has been off the bottle for almost a month now.  I had been giving her one sippy cup of formula a day and she didn't seem to care weather she got the formula in a bottle or a sippy cup.  One day I decided to go all sippy cup and we have never looked back.  Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As soon as DS1 got the hang of the sippy cup at 8 months, we ditched all bottles. (DS2 is still working on it.) At 11.5 months, we switched from formula to milk (when we ran out of formula). We didn't transition slowly & DS1 did just fine. I did start making his formula slightly colder leading up to the switch so that the temp wouldn't be a shock.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are about to switch from formula to milk in the next day or so.  DS dropped bottles on his own, but he still gets 2-3 8 oz bottles a day.  The very last bottle I am going to drop is his first morning one (DS dropped the night bottle on his own about 2 months ago).  I think I want him to go to half milk in the bottle before I start dropping.  I am really just going to wing it and see how DS does.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think you are over-thinking this a bit:) I honestly can't remember what we did when DD made the switch (she's now almost 4) but with DS, pediatrician recommended switching cold turkey to sippy, if our DS is good at the sippy cup (which he does). If you are OFFERING the milk enough times a day, then you don't really have anything to worry about. Some kids drink a ton of milk, some don't drink a ton, but that's ok, too, as long as you are offering it. I think 4 times per day is good, and if he doesn't like the sippy, just keep it in the bottle for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"