Two Under 2

Help with daughter sleeping in our bed....

I know, I know...its our fault!!  Ever since she turned 2, she creeps into our room at around 12 or so and climbs into bed.  Sometimes we wake up, other times she is like a ninja.  If i do wake up, I usually try the 'ole "honey, you need to sleep in your bed" but then give in because she and our youngest share a room....if I put her in there, she will scream and wake up the baby.  Now with another one on the way, we need to break this habit!!  We only live in a 2 bedroom for now (not moving until 2 months after we have the newest), and even when we do move she will most likely not get her own room.  Anyone been through this??  You always hear "well, they won't be teenagers and sleeping in your bed"...but who wants to wait that long?!?!?!?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help with daughter sleeping in our bed....

• Not sure if this will work for you, but with my 2, we have made sticker charts.  DS gets a sticker if he stays in his bed until the light on his clock turns green (he was waking up super early, so we got one of those clocks that changes color when it is time to get up), and DD gets a sticker if she stays in her crib all night.  When they get 4 stickers, they get a reward.  They had lots of fun making their charts, and every morning they get excited to put their new sticker on (if they did what they were supposed to do).  

DD isn't doing as well with it as DS - I think she is a little too young to understand the whole concept - but DS has really caught on.  I really did it for him anyway - but DD hates being left out of anything, so she wanted one too.  I figured it was worth a shot if it kept her in her own bed! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My oldest used to do this and it was fine but we wanted to encourage her to stay in her bed...so I started shutting our door tighter so I'd hear her come in for sure. And then we made the rule that she could be in our room if the sun is awake. So if she wakes up and it's still really early and DD2 and I are still asleep she can quietly come in my room and cuddle with me. If it's still dark I get up and tuck her back into bed with a kiss and remind her gently that she can come into my room when the sun wakes up. We don't do anything reward based so it has just become the rule and its not been a problem even though DD2 still cosleeps since she still nurses throughout the night.
    HTH!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a friend, she told her DD that its fine to come and check on them but after she had checked on mummy and daddy she had to go back to her bed. She could do it as often as she wanted. She's 13 now and still checks every so often but she's been sleeping in her bed for a long time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • imagehmt7:
    I know, I know...its our fault!!  Ever since she turned 2, she creeps into our room at around 12 or so and climbs into bed.  Sometimes we wake up, other times she is like a ninja.  If i do wake up, I usually try the 'ole "honey, you need to sleep in your bed" but then give in because she and our youngest share a room....if I put her in there, she will scream and wake up the baby.  Now with another one on the way, we need to break this habit!!  We only live in a 2 bedroom for now (not moving until 2 months after we have the newest), and even when we do move she will most likely not get her own room.  Anyone been through this??  You always hear "well, they won't be teenagers and sleeping in your bed"...but who wants to wait that long?!?!?!?
    Me, lol.  I'm okay with it because I know it'll stop eventually...don't see the harm.  Why are you so adamant she not sleep with you guys from 12 on?  Just curious what your biggest concerns about it are.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"