Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First AF after m/c - ???

I want to start charting in order to TTC but I'm confused about AF... I thought when I started bleeding last Friday, that it was finally AF, but it was only that one day and was not very heavy. My m/c started on 8/18 with cramping and bleeding for about 3 days, but my betas were slow in falling. I had bloodwork again on 9/24 and my betas are down to 0. The doctor said he thought that the bleeding on 9/21 was AF, but I'm not convinced, I usually do have a light AF and it lasts about 3 days... Has anyone else had extremely light AFs after a miscarriage? I feel like I have heard from most people that it is usually heavier. Any advice/stories would be appreciated! I will also be posting this on the TTCal board to see if any of those ladies have an idea. Thank you all!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First AF after m/c - ???

• Options
    Not sure as I am waiting for AF. I know my hcg is zero though. I also have light periods. I have heard the first one can be either lighter or heavier. Hope u get an answer. Good luck with ttc. Fx for u.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I MC 8/24 AF came 31 days after with mild spotting here and there. I have something that looks like a period but light.  Some woman have experienced it heavy but remember not all experiences are the same. I did have some major cramping. I'm on day 4 and have yet to see a bloody pad as I did before this MC.

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got AF 24 days after my d&c and it was horribly heavy. 
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    My first AF post loss was very light and only lasted a couple days. The following one was more heavy. I wasn't sure it was AF, either, but my OB said it most likely was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"