May 2012 Moms
Options

Belly button crust

Hi ladies.  I've got one of those " is this normal" first time mom questions....

my daughter has brown crust in her belly button.  She is almost 5 months now and I assumed her belly button was a normal new bellybutton.  But after talking with a friend I'm not so sure...  It has no scent and there isn't any *** discarge or anything else, or I would know to call the pediatrician.   And yes, we wash her belly button when giving her a bath...  I never real,y worried about it before....

so... Is brown crust left over from when the stump fell off normal???

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12

Re: Belly button crust

• Options
    My LOs bellybutton has brown in it - I assumed it was scarring from where the cord detached.  But I have no idea if it's normal...curious to see what others say...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We've got a little bit left over in there too. it seems pretty deep in there - looks like dead skin.  It isn't discharge-y like you say either.  It seems too connected to come off though.  I'm assuming it will just heal up/fall out over time.  Seems normal :) Pedi always checks her out in length and has never said anything about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies!  That is a good point, for our pedi appointments she wears only a diaper and he has never said anything about it eit her....

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options
    I just asked my ped about this, he said it is just old skin cells and not to worry about.
    Life is a journey, not a destination BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"