Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Those who've gone through circ re-do...help!

Why did you do it? How old was your DS when you had it done? What was it like (procedure, recovery, cost, etc.)? Our pedi keeps saying DS's penis will eventually look circumsized when he slims down, but it's not and I want to see a pediatric urologist before our deductible starts over January 1.

I don't need comments about "just leave it!" because that is still an option--just want to see what I'm getting into if we end up talking about it with the urologist. 

TIA :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who've gone through circ re-do...help!

• DS just had his done last Thursday. I will say the process was a little harder because 1. we are a military family and had to go through a military hospital, i.e. waitlists, etc. 2. I'm PG and DH is deployed, so it was a very emotional process for me. 3. DS spent some time in the NICU when he was born, so seeing him in a hospital bed, hooked up to things again totally got to me.

Overall, the surgery went just fine. The pedi urologist said he treats revisions like a regular circ. and basically just performs a second one. The surgery took about 40 min, and DS was under general anesthesia. They used a mask to put him under, then gave him a caudal block (similar to an epidural) that would control pain for 24 hours after the surgery. I was allowed to go see him as he was waking up from the anesthesia. He was NOT happy when he woke up, mainly because he was confused and there was an IV in his foot. As soon as he was fully awake though he did pretty well. We gave him tylenol every 4 hours, and Motrin every 6 for about 4 days. He was a little uncomfortable, but would still happily play on the floor. Nights were kinda rough, but that's to be expected. I'll warn you, his penis is going to look horrible for those first 4 days. Totally bruised, swollen, and generally angry looking. It broke my heart. But now a week later it looks just fine, he likes baths again, he doesn't mind diaper changes. Overall the process was worth it. Even at almost a year, DS has slimmed down (he is/was a very large, chunky child), and it still looks like he's uncirced. DH and I decided we didn't want him to feel self-concious later on. It's a rough week, but then you're done and don't have to think about it again. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"