December 2010 Moms
Options

Oh the vomit (a carpet cleaning question)

It hit our house.  More specifically, it hit the carpet in B's room in about 4 different spots.

What's your carpet cleaning strategy for vomit?  Particularly when it happens at bedtime in LOs room and they just want to go to sleep, but you want to clean up first.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.

Re: Oh the vomit (a carpet cleaning question)

• Options
    I'm so sorry!  C is definitely a vomit-er so we've been there a few times.  I use Nature's Miracle which is intended for pet vomit/pee/poop but I've used it on child vomit, pee, and poop with great success. You can buy it at Petsmart.  It's an enzymatic cleaner so basically eats up the yucky stuff.  If I didn't have any, I'd just blot up the vomit with a dry cloth, blot with a damp one, and get some Nature's Miracle the next day! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm terrible.  I put the baby in bed with me and yell for DH. Stick out tongue   Seriously, I don't do vomit if at all possible.  We generally just use resolve carpet cleaner because even though it smells terrible, it cleans just about anything.  I have no idea how he cleans up the actual vomit - I'm guessing with a towel.  Usually there's a lot of laundry after a vomitting virus.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a puky cat, and sometimes kid, too. We invested in the Bissell Little Green Machine. It's amazing!

Before that, we'd do like PP said and dry clean, wet blot. Maybe a little baking soda then vacuum?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  We do have some resolve left over from DH's bachelor days, but I hate how it seems - it bugs my sinuses.  I'll have to try the Petsmart miracle cleaner.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Spot Shot works well too.

• Options
    I was just dealing with this last night.  Sunday night J left a trail of vomit through our family room and DH cleaned it up as best as possible but there was still smell and stain leftover.  I borrowed my mom's spot bot (little carpet cleaner), put in some rug dr. cleaner that says it gets rid of vomit smell, and started cleaning.  It not only got out all the stain and smell but it got rid of some other mysterious kid stains on my carpet.  YAY!  I need my very own spot bot for christmas I think. LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJoJoMama730:
    Spot Shot works well too.

I 2nd the spot shot.  I spilled a glass of red wine on our tan townhouse rug and 2 applications of spot shot and a steam cleaning 6 months later removed the stain completely.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"