August 2011 Moms
Options

NBR - random thoughts on househunting

Yeah...no real point to this post except that I feel the need to share and I have no one to talk to at the moment. 

I'm looking for a new house - we're moving early next year, so I'm getting a head start by looking online to get an idea of what we can get for our money in our new area. Needless to say, I've looked at quite a few pictures of homes online in the last few weeks, and I'm amazed at what kind of pictures people will put in their advertisement. Maybe I'm just too observant of details, but it's just weird to me that people do things like:

-have a dish rack piled full of dishes by the sink

-don't close the shower curtain and hide all of the stuff in their tub

-leave their purse/mail/stack o' junk on the kitchen counter

-not make the bed

-not sweep off the patio area or take a picture when there is a puddle of standing water

It just seems like you would want your home to look at it's best when you're trying to rent/sell. I'm not looking for perfection, but at least put the clean dishes away before you take a picture of the kitchen. At least they weren't dirty dishes, right?

On the other hand, it's kind of funny when I see pics with toys that DS has - "Hey! We have Fridge Phonics, too!" "Oh, look! My Pal Scout on the bed!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR - random thoughts on househunting

• Options
    Which brings me to my Realtor tip of the day.  Forget about touching up the baseboards,  new landscaping and painting that ugly room.   Just clear the clutter and pick up your ***. Xoxo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageBnchaNums:
    Which brings me to my Realtor tip of the day.  Forget about touching up the baseboards,  new landscaping and painting that ugly room.   Just clear the clutter and pick up your ***. Xoxo.

Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageladybugpjb:

imageBnchaNums:

Yes

Word.
  • Options

Ohhhh, I hear ya. 

We went into a house once where the owners left a trail of dirty laundry all down the main staircase, through the foyer, on the way to the laundry room.  Let me tell ya, dirty underpants on the stairs was a real selling point.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageshanado:
    imageladybugpjb:

imageBnchaNums:

Yes

Word.

Word-Word 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Guys, when the hubs and I started house hunting, we came across a listing where you could see those people's cat in every.single.picture.

Master bedroom? A little cat "tent" was set up on the bed and the cat was lounging in it.

Living room? Cat chilling on the couch.

Kitchen? Cat soaking up the sun in the patio door.

It was hilarious. And creepy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

For reals...

When we were house hunting 7+ years ago we went into this house that has a wine glass and a box of wine in every. single. room. It was hilarious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Y'all have some great stories! 

• Options
    Dude...  all of these horror stories (and prices) are why we gave up and bought new construction.  I have NO VISION.  I can't get past the cat turds on the furniture to envision what MY house will look like once all that foolishness is removed.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJaysonandKristin:
    Dude...  all of these horror stories (and prices) are why we gave up and bought new construction.  I have NO VISION.  I can't get past the cat turds on the furniture to envision what MY house will look like once all that foolishness is removed.

Beyond being able to envision what the house would look like sans cat turd, what kind of a job do you think the owners did as far as caring and maintaining the house goes if they can't even pick up cat poop off their furniture? That's what would bug me most.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"