August 2011 Moms
Options

"Isn't the party on Sunday?"

As I've mentioned before, DD1's birthday party is coming up this Sunday. I emailed (yeahhhh, no one does real invites in the mail for those things over here) a few friends 10 days ago to invite them, and a few of them have yet to RSVP, so I emailed them again tonight.

One wrote back "Well, we won't know if we can make it until Saturday - Isn't the party on Sunday anyways?"

WTF is that even supposed to mean? Plus she knows I'm making lunch for everyone, yet she had no intention of RSVPing until 24 hours before the party? Sheeeesh! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: "Isn't the party on Sunday?"

• Options

Really???

I will admit, when we were younger, DH and I were really bad about RSVPing in general.  It wasn't until we had our own house and had parties, and later our wedding, that I really realized how important it is to RSVP.  But who purposely waits to RSVP until the day before, and doesn't bother to say anything before that?  Sheesh is right!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    What are they even saying? Weird.

I'll admit, DH and I can get strange when it comes to parties bc he works most weekends. And if he's not scheduled he gets called in often.

Hopefully this family will give a real RSVP sooner rather than later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I understand the not knowing until the last minute, but would it have killed her to email me saying just that? It's not hard. A simple "Hey! Got your invite but won't know until Saturday if we can make it" would have sufficed. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"