Blended Families
Options

I'm so annoyed

Last Friday SIL dropped her kids to my work and they spent the weekend with DH, SS and I.

Today SIL came for dinner as she was visiting in our town. She asked me if I had sorted the lice issue? I had no idea what she was talking about.

Apparently BM called SIL on Monday to tell her she discovered SS has lice.

Firstly I'm furious BM never told us. I would have stripped his bed and washed cushion covers etc.

Secondly we have no idea where she got SILs number or why she went above us to tell her directly.

Also, on Sunday we spent the day with DH brothers kids, it would have been nice to give them a heads up.

When SIL realised we knew nothing about it she was annoyed as she now thinks BM is insinuating that SS got them from her kids she checked and her kids do not have them.

So strange. DH is going to text BM tomorrow and tell her she needs to let us know and we'll be happy to tell our families. No need for her to contact anyone.

If SS had adult lice on Monday then I assume he had them when he came on Friday? Am I right? Could he have picked them up over the weekend at our house? All DH niece and nephews have been checked and no one else has them. Nor do any of the adults he was in contact with. ???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm so annoyed

• Options

I've never dealt with lice so I cannot answer the when SS got it/where he likely picked it up question, but I can say I would be annoyed that BM didn't even tell you guys.

I can only understand telling the other parent's family if a parent thinks the other parent won't do so. For example, last time BD had DS and his DD, DS became sick while there, meaning DS's sister (who's 1) was exposed to it for three days. I asked BD to tell BM2, and was planning to email BM2 to let her know just in case BD didn't tell her or if she had any questions from what the Dr. said. But, I know for a fact that BD told BM2 so I had no need to. YKWIM?

• Options
    I'm a hair stylist, so I know a bit about lice. If she found adult live on him he could have gotten it yesterday, five min ago, a week ago, you never know. If he was in close contact with other children recently school, daycare, sleepover, Ect. That's probably where it came from. Children usually pick up the adult lice from another person, not the nits eggs so you can see the adult lice right away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    uh yeah, I would be pissed too! that's actually really sneaky of her.  I hate sneaky. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a 7 day incubation period for head lice, so its possible he was fine on friday when she dropped him off for your weekend and then discovered them on monday on him. Its also possible, the other kids and you may discover them in a couple of days. Id start treating your cushions, carpets and bed sheets now. Im sorry, its a PITA! I dealt with it last year when thete was an outbreak at DS's school. It took 3 effing weeks to get rid of the bastards, becausr new kids got infected after the old ones were treated.
  • Options

Both of my stepkid'sBM's ALWAYS go directly to my H's family for things.  I've come to accept it, even as annoying as it is.

• Options
    There are also products you can buy to prevent head lice.  They are sprays or shampoos that you can apply to a person who does not have lice.  Sometimes that will head them off if you've been exposed.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"