Adoption
Options

What's cookin'? Pumpkin and apple!

This week's what's cookin' post is brought to you by our fall favorites: pumpkin and apple!

What's your favorite pumpkin or apple dish? Can be a drink, a snack, a side, a main dish or a dessert! .  You can tantalize us with a description or share a picture or a recipe if you have one! 

Pumpkin Spice Latte doesn't count because that's probably all our favorites. ;-)

Go! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: What's cookin'? Pumpkin and apple!

• Options

This is my favorite Pumpkin Mousse recipe because it is 1- Yummy, 2- Easy, and 3- Healthy!

2 small packages of sugar-free fat-free instant vanilla pudding
    2 cups of skim milk
    1 can of pumpkin
    1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
    1 container (8 oz) of fat-free cool whip

Mix together the pudding and milk and then fold in the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy! This is great served with ginger snaps!  Or you can layer it in a trifle dish with gingerbread and cool whip!

1 cup= 1 weight watcher point

• Options

I don't have a recipe, but I have been wanting to make some apple stuffed pork.  I made this roast with an apple based sauce this weekend and it was yummy:

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-and-spice-pork-roast/detail.aspx

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageelissaann26:

This is my favorite Pumpkin Mousse recipe because it is 1- Yummy, 2- Easy, and 3- Healthy!

2 small packages of sugar-free fat-free instant vanilla pudding
    2 cups of skim milk
    1 can of pumpkin
    1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
    1 container (8 oz) of fat-free cool whip

Mix together the pudding and milk and then fold in the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy! This is great served with ginger snaps!  Or you can layer it in a trifle dish with gingerbread and cool whip!

1 cup= 1 weight watcher point

Yum!!  I wonder if I can find a way to make this dairy free.  Hmmmmm might have to do some googling!

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    It's basic, but I love making crock pot applesauce. I use a recipe from crockpot365.blogspot.com. I usually amp up the cinnamon though :)
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:
    It's basic, but I love making crock pot applesauce. I use a recipe from crockpot365.blogspot.com. I usually amp up the cinnamon though :)

We just bought 1/2 bushel of apples (came to 25+lbs) to do this!  Made it for the first time last year and fell in love!!

Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:

ME TOO!!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options

Apple Crisp.  So easy to make and oh so yummy. 

Take 5-6 apples, peel and slice into a pie dish.  If apples are already really sweet, add nothing, if you think a tbsp of sugar would help mix into apples.

Topping

1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup regular rolled oats

1/4tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup chopped nuts optional

Mix all ingredients together, cutting in the butter and eventually form crumbles.  (I usually cut in butter and then just use my hands)

Sprinkle crumbles over the top of the apples.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375degrees.  Serve warm with ice cream.

If we hadn't just finished peeling all of our apples to dehydrate about an hour ago, I would have made this for one in a ramekin, because now I am salivating just thinking about this.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

On of our kind-of-coworkers made the staff pumpkin-jalapeno soup with roasted pork loin and it was SOOOO GOOD. He just made up the recipe and I was really, really sad I couldn't come home with something new and fancy and exciting (and fall-ish) to make.

Tho srsly, it was complicated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    imagemarshmallowevening:

Is it cheating that this is a box mix? It's really easy but so delicious! The gingerbread crust is so tasty.

Pumpkin Pie Bars

Not cheating!  I call it smart!

• Options

Here is a savory dish!  It is actually my FAVORITE fall dinner.

Chicken breasts covered with Apple Cider Gravy

And for those of you who aren't the most accomplished cooks- this one is super easy too!  We serve it with mashed sweet potatoes- so yummy!

• Options
    We had friends over for dinner last night, and I made apple cinnamon rolls.  I added apple butter to the filling and made the icing out of powdered sugar and apple juice. Mmmmm!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"