August 2011 Moms
Options

Camera Shy?

How many of you girls offer your mugs up for photo opportunities?  How many of you hide?

I will never forget my mom's HATRED of being caught by the camera.  She always looks awkward in her photos, and I wonder if she'd just sat still and smiled if she wouldn't looking convincingly happy.  Same thing goes for my SIL.

I hate the thought of my kids having photos like this of me, or worse, not having any photos of me at all.  Especially when it comes to issues like the one MandiNM is dealing with.  When photos are possibly all you have left of a person, don't you want as many as possible?  

I say screw it and hop in front of that flash!!  You? 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Camera Shy?

• Options

I love to take pictures! I mean there are times I feel a little self conscious but I say they heck with it and take the photo Big Smile Also I try not to delete photos because I may think it looks horrible now but in a year or two I will be like wow and see the beauty of it Wink

L is a total ham! Loves taking pictures. DH always takes his morning photos and L is always ready for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I am definitely not camera shy. I have no problems having my picture taken. I actually will hand the camera to my husband and tell him to take pictures of me because "I was on the trip too!" or "I was at the party too!" It has happened before where we get home from an event/whatever and I don't have a single picture of me actually being there. I also try to be pretty good about having people take pictures of DH, DD, and me together. Usually every month or so I pull out the camera and have my mom or in-laws snap a few.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup... I am camera shy. Didn't used to be but apparently I have self image issues now. Which is crazy and stupid, I am really trying to be better about it! Duff totally gives me courage to hop in more often! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageamywalt1684:
    Yup... I am camera shy. Didn't used to be but apparently I have self image issues now. Which is crazy and stupid, I am really trying to be better about it! Duff totally gives me courage to hop in more often! :)

Awwww I am so happy to hear I encourage you Smile I have to say you need to! You are beautiful just like your LO. Share that beauty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageDuffgurl:

imageamywalt1684:

Awwww I am so happy to hear I encourage you Smile I have to say you need to! You are beautiful just like your LO. Share that beauty.

Awwww gee... stop it... I'm totally blushing! Thanks Duff!! :)

• Options
    While I hate having my picture taken I'm well aware that I look much better if I sit there and smile instead of getting ticked off.  But either way I always HATE the way I look in pictures.  I think it's a self-esteem issue.  Anyways I'm trying to be better about being in pics because of the kids.  I don't want them to not have any pics of me if something were to happen.
  • Options

My problem is trying to remember to make sure that someone else takes pics of me and M, because I'm usually stuck behind the camera!  But I'm not shy at all.  I want as many pictures of the two of us as possible, so she can look back one day and see how happy I was to be her mommy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm very photogenic but you rarely see me in photos because I am usually the one holding the camera!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have A LOT more photos of me in the last few years than I did through high school. On FB, I currently have.....958 photos of me (that I am tagged in, so this includes pictures other have taken). I gurantee you that about 90% of them are from renfaire.
  • Options

I have to make sure DH takes pics of me - he prefers to take scenery pictures, and doesn't especially like me to take pictures of him.

Seeing pictures of me reminds me that I have a few pounds to lose. I hate looking at pictures and thinking "Wow, I look kind of chubby," but pictures are less forgiving than the mirror, so it's more motivation for me to get back in shape.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:

I have to make sure DH takes pics of me - he prefers to take scenery pictures, and doesn't especially like me to take pictures of him.

Seeing pictures of me reminds me that I have a few pounds to lose. I hate looking at pictures and thinking "Wow, I look kind of chubby," but pictures are less forgiving than the mirror, so it's more motivation for me to get back in shape.

Do you check in on Wednesdays?  The post is just below.  Drop in!! 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love the camera - so long as I'm looking half decent... :)

My grandma HATED having her picture taken. So much so it had become a game amongst us to see who would be able to get a shot of her at family functions. lol  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"