August 2012 Moms
Options

"Don't you wish you had a girl??"

WHO SAYS THAT??? I LOVE my little boy and wouldn't trade him for all the headbands and tutus in the world! I think they say it because our family is almost all boys (DH is one of 3 boys, I have 3 nephews and only one niece).  I know people said stuff like this when we were pregnant (team green) but once the baby is here? that is really mean IMO.  Has anyone said anything like this to you? What do you say? I just said "No really I don't wish that. I'm more than in love with the little boy I have and wouldn't change a thing" but they smirked like I was joking!! WTF?
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: "Don't you wish you had a girl??"

• Options
    My MIL commented how much cuter little girl clothes are. I will admit when shopping I find tons more girl clothes than boy clothes and they are cute but I think having a boy is awesome! I secretly was hoping for a boy because I'm high maintenance and didn't want a mini me for my first.

I'm sorry your family said that to you! Having a boy rocks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageC_mo:
    Yep, and it drives me crazy. It gives the impression that people think women value their daughters over their sons, and that bothers me. I love my little boys more than anything, and to hear that people think I would havenbsp;preferrednbsp;girls over them irritates the hell out of me.nbsp;I'm not going to hide the fact that after 2 boys I would really like a girl next time, but if I have another boy I'm not going to be miserable or even disappointed over it.nbsp;

This! I'm obsessed with my boys. A girl would be great but I would never be disappointed.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep I hate this too. I love both my boys and wouldn't trade them for the world so when people hear I have two boys and ask me immediately if I'm going to try for a firl now it irritates the mess out of me.. like I'm not satisfied with my boys. Granted a lot of this irritation thus far has been greatly magnified by hormones lol!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options

I've had people ask me when I was pregnant if I wanted a boy or girl.  I said that I wouldn't do anything different with a boy or girl so why would it matter?

I adore my sweet little boy, what a horrible comment.  I always pictured myself with a boy anyway.  I think because I am a tomboy and hunt, fish, hate shopping, etc.  if I had a girl I'm sure I wouldn't feel any different.

Boy and Girl stereotypes are not always true.  They are children and when TTC I was hoping for a child, not a stereotype or excuse to shop. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    Well my mother preferred a girl and my MIL wanted a boy so at least one was happy. Neither has said one word about these preferences since he's been born so I'll give them that.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I wouldn't say that I wished my daughter because inner loved dressed her up before she had an onion on jet clothes lol. thankfully her tastes are reasonable but I would have loved a boy the first time because I always wanted a boy first. In saying that, I love my daughter and am beyond ecstatic I had her. my life and the ways I have bettered myself might not have been done if I j had a boy first. I ask thankful for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Tell them no, girls are freakin high maintenance. Trust me my DD is more of a handful than these twins any day!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I should clarify that it wasn't family that said this... I know my MIL would have loved another granddaughter but she also loves all her grandsons.... in fact my niece is a super diva (at one year old) and wont even let my in laws hold her so maybe she is glad it isn't another girl HAHA

I've said on more than one occasion while I was pregnant that I did not care if it was a boy or girl but the idea of a teenage girl scared the heck out of me!  It is true that there are tons of adorable little girl clothes but I'm kind of glad I didn't have to remortgage my house for baby clothes. I know I would have gone overboard, I've already filled an entire closet and huge dresser for my boy... I can't imagine if I had a girl!!!! I'm hoping that if I have another baby and it is a girl I'll be a bit more in control because she isn't my first but if I have another boy I'd be more than happy!

Also, I find this comment insanely rude after everything we went through. I'm just blessed that my son is healthy. his sex is by far the least of my concerns! 

imageimage

• Options
    I have gotten this comment on a few occasions especially like a PP said about there being more girl clothes. But even before I knew we were having a boy, I was always drawn more to the boy clothes! I love the dinosaurs, puppies, and cars! I secretly wanted a boy because I am a girly girl and I thought it would be fun to do little boy things! I love my little man and I know our family was meant to be this way.

• Options
    imageC_mo:

Yep, and it drives me crazy. It gives the impression that people think women value their daughters over their sons, and that bothers me. I love my little boys more than anything, and to hear that people think I would have preferred girls over them irritates the hell out of me. 

I'm not going to hide the fact that after 2 boys I would really like a girl next time, but if I have another boy I'm not going to be miserable or even disappointed over it. 

All of this!  I kept hearing everyone "wish" for a girl before we knew DS2's sex, and a few people had the nerve to openly act disappointed when they found out he was a boy.  If I hear, "Are you going to try again for a girl?" I'll snap!  I love my boys to the moon and back, and neither one of them (or their sex!) has been a disappointment.  If we try for #3, I'll need a snappy comeback about NOT trying for a girl before we tell people (don't get me wrong, I'd love a girl in the future--but I'd love a third boy just as much!!).

• Options

imageasales727:
    I have gotten this comment on a few occasions especially like a PP said about there being more girl clothes. But even before I knew we were having a boy, I was always drawn more to the boy clothes! I love the dinosaurs, puppies, and cars! I secretly wanted a boy because I am a girly girl and I thought it would be fun to do little boy things! I love my little man and I know our family was meant to be this way.

I agree on the clothes.  I love how boy clothes are mini versions of what men would wear for the most part.  I have nothing against pink, but I would never wear pink leopard print encrusted with fake diamonds and a giant plastic flower headband.  I'm so glad we didn't know we were having a girl because we have received a ton of ridiculous clothing since our daughter and I can't imagine having even more. 

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Now that we do have a girl most people say crap like "You're so lucky you had a girl."  The people who say this most are women who are pregnant with their second son and it just breaks my heart.  Your boys aren't good enough, really?  Your life is incomplete because you don't have one of each? Honestly, I wanted two boys more than anything but we got a girl.  I love her to pieces but it just chaps my butt when women act like their sons aren't enough.
  • Options

When I was pg, people would ask if I was having a boy or girl.  When I said boy they would say, "aww that's ok...you can try for a third".

I wanted to be like...wtf?

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageL12541:

imageasales727:

I agree on the clothes.  I love how boy clothes are mini versions of what men would wear for the most part.  I have nothing against pink, but I would never wear pink leopard print encrusted with fake diamonds and a giant plastic flower headband.  I'm so glad we didn't know we were having a girl because we have received a ton of ridiculous clothing since our daughter and I can't imagine having even more. 

my son has a whole wall filled with hats... jeff caps, newsboy, baseball, bucket, etc. i love it! he also has some "Mini Dad" Clothes like sweaters and a peacoat.  I adore his clothes.  Yes, there are a lot more choices for girls but I too have always been more drawn to little boy clothes. 

I also always point out that some day I get a mother son dance if he gets married... I'd just be sitting in a chair all day if it was a girl ;-)   (all this said, I would really love a girl next time ... or a boy.  I think my husband would love a daddy's girl but the most important thing to us is that he/she is full term hopefully and healthy!)  I don't want anyone to think I am bashing baby girls I think they are adorable and I love buying for my niece and friends with girls- I'm the only one that had a boy out of 12 of my friends who have had babies this year!!! My little man gets his choice of lots of pretty little ladies!

imageimage

• Options
    imagebyrne15:

When I was pg, people would ask if I was having a boy or girl.  When I said boy they would say, "aww that's ok...you can try for a third".

I wanted to be like...wtf?

Exactly! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"