November 2011 Moms

Anyone who is done BFing - and AF

How long after you were done BFing did you get AF?

I stopped pumping almost a month ago. The month prior to that (August), I was weaning off the pump. I went from 4 pumps per day down to none. And the last 10 days I was pumping 2x per day.  Then right around September 1st I was done pumping completely. I still haven't seen AF, and I just took a test and it was negative...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone who is done BFing - and AF

• I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to say I'm in the exact same boat.  We cut down to twice a day in May and were once a day from mid-June until we completely stopped mid-August.  Still no sign of AF and it gives me serious anxiety!  I've also taken a few tests to ease my stress, but it doesn't seem to help much!  I am anxious to hear answers from others...I'm on the mini-pill still and am not sure if that affects anything?  I can't believe I am actually looking forward to the return of AF...just for peace of mind!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1 month to the day with DD.  With DS I was still BFing when AF returned.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a super light one in August when i was down to 2 pumps a day, and now i am 1 week late and down to 1 pump every other day. I know not much help, but just wanting to get back to normal too

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I quit the mini pill in July (TTC), then dropped 1 pumping session in August, so I was down to BFing morning, pump 2x at work, BF 2x in the evening.  I got my period one week after I dropped that pumping session.  My supply dropped drastically after dropping that one session.  5 weeks later I got my second period!  I'm hoping since it was fairly regular that I'll get pregnant soon!  However, I still have zero sex drive!  When will that come back??

• For me it was almost 2 months. I was so stressed about it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSteph_whalen5@yahoo.com:
    I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to say I'm in the exact same boat.  We cut down to twice a day in May and were once a day from mid-June until we completely stopped mid-August.  Still no sign of AF and it gives me serious anxiety!  I've also taken a few tests to ease my stress, but it doesn't seem to help much!  I am anxious to hear answers from others...I'm on the mini-pill still and am not sure if that affects anything?  I can't believe I am actually looking forward to the return of AF...just for peace of mind!  

If you're not BFing the mini pill is ineffective

• imagetvdiva12:

imageSteph_whalen5@yahoo.com:
    I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to say I'm in the exact same boat.  We cut down to twice a day in May and were once a day from mid-June until we completely stopped mid-August.  Still no sign of AF and it gives me serious anxiety!  I've also taken a few tests to ease my stress, but it doesn't seem to help much!  I am anxious to hear answers from others...I'm on the mini-pill still and am not sure if that affects anything?  I can't believe I am actually looking forward to the return of AF...just for peace of mind!  

Where did you hear that?

• imageStefB28:
    imagetvdiva12:

imageSteph_whalen5@yahoo.com:

Where did you hear that?

Yes, Where did you hear that?!? Because I'm still on the mini pill. My doctor told me the point of the mini pill was that it doesn't mess with your milk. Overall, it is less effective than the regular pill, unless taken at the EXACT same time everyday (or at least within an hour). The reason being is that the regular pill makes you stop ovulating and blocks sperm, where as the mini pill doesn't make you stop ovulating, it only helps to block sperm, but it's only effective for 24 hours. I don't think any of this changes if you are BFing or not....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"