C-sections

going home after

My last c-section was not planned and I do not remember what I packed to wear home.  This time around we are doing a RCS towards the end of October in WI, which means it will probably be cold.  I have no idea what to pack to wear home that will be comfortable. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: going home after

• I had to wear a dress for weeks afterwards. I couldn't wear anything that rubbed mine incision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • My last c/s was unplanned.  I just wore loose PJ pants w/ a tank & cardigan sweater.  My pants laid below my incision.  Planning the same thing this time too.

• Loading the player...
  • I wore granny panties and yoga pants. 
  • I wore yoga pants that were somewhat loose fitting and I didn't have any problems.

Although I've already lost my baby-weight and could probably fit into my pre-pregnancy pants, I'm still wearing maternity pants (it's only been a couple of weeks since my c/s) because they don't rest anywhere near my incision.

Yesterday my underwear had slipped down (I've been wearing granny-panties) down by my incision and it was quite uncomfortable. Embrace anything that comes closer to your belly button. :) 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• I wore a dress but it was also 100 degrees.  I have a dress packed this time but also a pair of really loose yoga pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Basically anything that won't rub your incision will work.  For my two winter c sections I wore a warm empire waist dress the one time and yoga pants the other time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I liked dresses and maternity leggings.

This time I packed the leggins and this really cute longer blouse that buttons at the top. BFing will be easy in it and it isn't form fitting so I feel like it will be comfortable.

• yoga pants or a dress
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Go with comfy pants and a lose fitting shirt...we just had our repeat C and due to a skin rash (allergy to the antiseptic used the morning of) my section incision is actually right at my belly button level this time and any kind of pants/shorts and even my underwear all lay right on it. So I'm thinking a dress might have been nice to have as a back up, we had no clue they'd have to cut so high but the OB said it's not so uncommon. 
  • imageMom2Mack1:
    My last c/s was unplanned.  I just wore loose PJ pants w/ a tank & cardigan sweater.  My pants laid below my incision.  Planning the same thing this time too.

I did this too. My pants waist band rolled down plus I wore a belly bandit so the pants sat on that not on my incision. DS was born in february in MI. Also I wore ugg slippers for shoes. My feet were still swollen from the fluids and junk and bending all the way over to put shoes on would not worked out well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"