Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Whinny and cry baby 3 1/2 DS

My DS has been so whinny and cries for everything. I ask him to please use his words. Is this a faze? Can anyone please offer some advice or support? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whinny and cry baby 3 1/2 DS

• Options

have you asked him why he's crying or given him some techniques to help him calm himself down? Just asking him to "use his words" probably won't help.

I'd suggest words for him - are you mad?  are you sad?  are you hurt?  etc. and then go from there and model for him what he could say/react instead.  I'd also talk to him when he's calm and you are both happy and comfortable and ask him about an incident and why he was upset and give him some suggestions for what to do the next time that happens.  I talk to DD alot about taking a deep breath and counting to 3 and that works alot of the time w/ her - whether she is mad or hurt.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS (who will be 3.5 next month) just went through a big whinning/cry phase....it started when he began preschool and the end of August and I'm pretty sure we are mostly done....

I just told him that I could not understand what he wanted when he acted like that....Oh and I took all but three of his toys away after an especially terrible weekend...he had to earn all of them back with good behaviour. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

we are right there with you. makes me nuts.

we tell her to use her big girls words, I can't understand what you are saying when you cry/whine....ignoring the crying/whining....telling her if she wants to keep crying/whining that she will need to take it to her room.

I am definitly going to try asking her are you mad/sad/etc. to get her to verbalize her feelings (which we have kind of been doing)...and I have also been trying to get down at her level or sit with her and really focus on her (and her sister) when they get home from school for at least 5-10 minutes before I rush to do dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"