June 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas Tree plans (I know this is way early)

Not sure why I had this on my mid, but I was wondering what you all were planning to do with your tree this year since our LOs will be super mobile.  I'd like to think I could put it up and "keep an eye on him" while he's by it, but I'm not sure if that's even an option.  Other moms I know locally were talking about putting a small one on a table in their house, but to me, that's not way to celebrate Christmas.  (I'm an all-out holiday kind of person Wink)  So, what are your plans, if you know already?

Re: Christmas Tree plans (I know this is way early)

• Options

We will put up our big one and just watch her. We already have to watch the cats as it is. I'm like you and need to go all out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    DD Loves Xmas ornaments (or anything she?s not suppossed to touch i guess) but i?m still planning on putting my big tree up, i will remove crystal ornaments though and watch her. This will be a great opportunity to ridirect !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is into everything as it is, so the Christmas tree will just be one more thing I have to watch her around.  Thankfully, we put the tree up on our living room and her playroom/den is another room.  No one ever goes into the living room.  I plan on putting breakable ornaments near the top and instead of using the metal hooks for ornaments, I am switching them all to ribbon.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am hoping we'll put our normal tree up and just make sure all the ornaments in DS's reach are not breakable/covered in glitter. We have to put up a tree!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    It's going to be put up in the family room (no where else to put it), so I'll have to do like others have mentioned and put the breakable ornaments up high. I'm SURE she's going to continually try to mess with it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I think we will put up our tree like normal but put a baby gate around the tree.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I'm not doing anything different than normal. I'll just redirect. Although if it turns into too big if a hassle I may put our long gate in front if it. We'll see.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

My plan is to put up the baby fence around it. I may try saying no, but if that doesn't work, then I will put up the fence. 

DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    that is a really good question but we haven't thought of it. But maybe we'll just try to kee her away from it. We're also planning to get a real one this year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm more likely to have two trees instead of downsizng - we have kids to make the holidays special for, right? 

I picked up some felt ornaments and some ribbon last year on clearance and I'm going to make our decorations a little less breakable incase the tree is tackled. Other than that, game on! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"