TTC after 35

Insomnia and ovulation

Hello ladies, looking for information.

I am 35 and have two children. Had no problems getting pregnant. I am now TTC with my new husband. He had a test of low motility with his first wife. We are in our 5th cycle. He says he wants to wait for 6 before going in for testing.

A year ago I had an ultrasound because of a possible cyst. I got the message of no cyst and healthy female reproductive system.

Here is the thing, I am trying to do my bbt... But I suffer insomnia. Rarely do I ever sleep 3 hours in a row.... Everything wakes me up... I toss and turn... My temps are all over the place. I am menstruating regularly and have had cervical mucus that gives the appearance that I am ovulating....

But now I am paranoid that I am not ovulating, can insomnia keep you from ovulating? Should I go by temp or mucus sign????

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Insomnia and ovulation

• insomnia shouldn't have anything to do with actual ovulation although extreme stress or illness can delay ovulation.you won't know if you are ovulating for sure unless you temp.  Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• imageksgsmu:
    insomnia shouldn't have anything to do with actual ovulation although extreme stress or illness can delay ovulation.you won't know if you are ovulating for sure unless you temp.  Good luck!

Ditto.  You might want to try adding OPKs too.  Those combined with the CM should give you an indication of when you are about to ovulate.  The temping just helps you to confirm the ovulation. 

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Loading the player...
  • I second Robbensm, try OPK it can help.

I have been reading lots of stuff since TTC, one thing that is mentioned is a dark room, no TV, computers etc, make thebedroom a refuge from everything else. Would ear plugs work?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Thank you so much for the advice. I will OPK. Do I test first pee in the morning or do I hold four hours and do it at noon. I am confused by instructions I read online?
  • I actually do FMU and then again in the early evening after holding it for a few hours.  The best chance to catch the surge is in the afternoon/evening but I often can't hold it for that long and so I do FMU too just to be sure I have an accurate picture of what's going on.  I get the cheapie Wondfo's off the internet so I can test more often and not go broke. 
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  •  OPKs are great... I buy the wondfo's on amazon dirt cheap... I test mid morning and early evening because I can miss my surge If I jsut do once a day.  the LH hormone usually isn't it's strongest with FMU but some ladies still do it and don't have a problem.    If the strips confuse you, you can buy the more expensive digital to confirm a strip, or buy the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor which is pricey and I don't use but some people like it because it is "easier"

Good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• imageksgsmu:

If the strips confuse you,

Good luck!

OH My this past month was my 1st month using OPK, holy cow! I was so confused, it should be simple like a pic of a bug thumbs up or down, smiley face or sad, or "GO GET 'EM" LOL!

It was 6 am I am trying to poas, instead got my fingers, I couldn't understand why there were two lines LOL, early morning+woman wanting baby+two lines on a test=confusion ....I am a pro now.

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Might also try CBFM. Takes some of the guess work out for me. I am the same way with my sleep.
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Oh I listened to a webinr yesterday on herbs for womens health, Valerian was mentioned for insomnia, might be something to look into, unfortunately I have no dosage recommendations....

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I suffer from horrible insomnia too so I feel your pain.  Because of the insomnia I can't temp, the results would be totally out of whack.  So I chart and use OPK's.  My RE suggests that 4:00pm is the ideal time to use your OPK's.  Good luck to you!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"