January 2012 Moms
Options

When did your LO double their birth weight?

I saw a post on another board about a baby doubling her birth weight at 4 months.. This made me wonder about my DS since he didn't double his until about 7 1/2 months.  He did weigh 9 lbs at birth so maybe that makes a difference?

Annyway when did it happen for your LOs?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your LO double their birth weight?

• Options

LO doubled her weight about 6 months but she's always be a chunky monkey, (born 8.2lbs)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

DS doubled his at 5 1/2 months, but then again he started solids early (rice cereal at 4, purees at 5).  He also has a big head (70th perc), so I think some of that weight is his head.

Babies all grow at different rates though.  DH was 9lb 3oz at birth, and by 12 months he was 30lbs!  He didn't gain much that second year though, so it evened out.  But he must've doubled his birth weight pretty early on.  DS looks identical to DH's baby pictures, but he's growing at a much more normal rate (we think it's because DS is more active than DH was at his age).

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When she was about 2 months old. She was weighed 4lbs 12oz at birth so at two months she was almost 9lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD was double her birth weight at her 6mo appointment.  She was 6lbs 12oz at birth & 14lbs 3oz at 6mo.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

DD just doubled sometime in the last month - so I'd say around 7.5 months.  She was 8 lbs, 3 oz at birth, and at a doctor's appointment a week and a half ago she was 16 lbs 15 oz, but at her six month appointment she wasn't quite 16 lbs yet.  

I've heard others talk about doubling weight by such-and-such a month, but given the vast range of birth weights, it doesn't seem like something to worry about too much. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD1 didn't double until about 9 months or so, and didn't triple until age 2. She was always like 10% ... but now  (at almost 4) she is 40th%.

DD2 doubled about 6 or 7 months. I don't see her tripling by 1 year, though. 

DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagewychets:
    When she was about 2 months old. She was weighed 4lbs 12oz at birth so at two months she was almost 9lbs.

Same here but he was 5lbs 12 ounces at birth.   He is now 21 lbs.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    Ana was 7lb11oz at birth at 8.5 monhts we had a sick visit and she just got over 15lbs!   But Ive got myself a peanut, so I dont think thats normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    DD doubled her weight around 4 months ish.
  • Options
    at 3 months. she was tiny 5lbs 12oz at the doctors visit she was 11lbs.
  • Options

DS doubled his at his 6 month appointment.

He started at 7lbs 11oz and was 15lbs 8ozs at his 6 month appointment.  

• Options
    My LO weighed 8lbs at birth, weighed 14lbs6oz at 2 months and was 17lbs6oz at 3 months... so somewhere between 2 and 3 months was when he would have been double.
  • Options
    My DD doubled at her 4 month well visit. When I was a baby I took longer than that. Though my brother doubled in 3.5 months. It varies. DD was only 5 and a half pounds at birth.

I think she's going to triple by her 9 month visit at the rate she's going, already around 15 pounds.
    DD born January 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    DD was 7 lbs 3 oz at birth and had doubled that by her 4 month appointment. She weighs almost 20 pounds now and will be 9 months on Tuesday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    Mine is just about to double it now at almost 8.5 mo. She was 8lb5oz at birth
  • Options
    4 months, but he was only 6lbs 1oz when he was born.
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"