June 2011 Moms
Options

Monday Night Football

I am a Packers fan but first and foremost a football fan. This last call was bullshit. It was an interception and these refs need to go. I know the other refs are not perfect but I feel like these mistakes just keep coming and this one just culminates it for me. Makes me sick to my stomach. The call should be overturned and the game should be given to the Packers. Any thoughts out there from you ladies who watch football? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Night Football

• Options

As a very passive football watcher I'm having trouble following the games because everything is being called and reviewed. Not helping me want to watch,

What are the 'real' refs up to? I've heard lots of complaining but I'm still not sure why they aren't there. Thanks

• Options
    imagesaunderslm2:

As a very passive football watcher I'm having trouble following the games because everything is being called and reviewed. Not helping me want to watch,

What are the 'real' refs up to? I've heard lots of complaining but I'm still not sure why they aren't there. Thanks

The refs are striking because they want more pay. They are asking for 1 million dollars, collectively, from the NFL and they are not willing to pay them that, even though the NFL is making billions more than last year. So the refs they have now are high school and college football refs.

They have had ridiculous calls and I think this one is taking it to an all new height. It's ruining the game for those of us who watch and for all the money the NFL is making we are getting the shaft as football fans.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevanessa999:
    imagesaunderslm2:

The refs are striking because they want more pay. They are asking for 1 million dollars, collectively, from the NFL and they are not willing to pay them that, even though the NFL is making billions more than last year. So the refs they have now are high school and college football refs.

They have had ridiculous calls and I think this one is taking it to an all new height. It's ruining the game for those of us who watch and for all the money the NFL is making we are getting the shaft as football fans.  

Thanks. I figured they were striking over money. While a million seems like a lot to one person, spread between all of those refs doesn't sound like much, 

I hope they figure it out soon so MH can continue to explain it to me... and so my FB will stop blowing up with 'stupid refs' comments (and so the players get a fair shot).

• Options

This season is turning into a huge joke.  It's deserves a big asterisk next to it. Did you see the "field goal" at the end of the last pats game? 

The sad thing is, nothing is going to change unless people stop watching and going to the games and I don't think that will happen.  

• Options
    The Packers game was a joke.  That last call was so obvious even I called it (and I am no where near what you would call a football fan...I enjoy college more than NFL).  DH is a Packers fan.  I agree that the refs and NFL need to come to an agreement to end the strike, but with some of these calls, football is football and even college refs should know how to make the correct call.  I realize college and NFL differ on some of their rules, but this one was a no brainer.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jennings intercepted that ball - Golden Tate is obviously a liar because he never had possession. I understand the call that they can't review possession but every scoring play is reviewable. The head ref really screwed up. He never consulted with the guys who made the calls - complete crap. But hopefully this will get the league and officials talking again bc these guys seriously blow.

• Options
    Definitely was an interception. The NFL just doesn't give a crap. It doesn't help that Goodell is a piece of crap commissioner. I just hope that this one game does not cost us a wildcard spot or playoff spot because that would be the worst of all of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"