Babies on the Brain
Options

Possible to be Pregnant with negative hpt?

My H and I are not ttc but not avoiding either. AF is a day late and HPT was negative. Is it possible to still be pg and the hormone is not being detected yet? 

m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Possible to be Pregnant with negative hpt?

• Options
    No. It's possible you could have a fertilized egg that hasn't implanted yet. Are you charting? Using OPKs? Keep testing once a week until you get your period or CD 60 then call your doctor, they may give you a drug to make you get your period or they may wait until 90 days. Good luck.
  • Options
    I've tested 2 days late before and still had a negative hpt. You probably ovulated later than you think is normal if you aren't charting/temping and really aren't that late. I would test again in a few days or wait until next week. 
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's possible if you know when you ovulated. I ovulate on CD 15 and my two BFPs came at 15 DPO which is a day late for me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageFitnessteach2010:

My H and I are not ttc but not avoiding either. AF is a day late and HPT was negative. Is it possible to still be pg and the hormone is not being detected yet

at the time of a negative test... you are NOT pg.   Sure it's possible that in a day or two the tests can change and become positive.   But until you have a positive test, you are not pregnant.  

no pregnancy hormone detected = not pg

pregnancy hormone detected = pg.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    imagesoftskate31:

You could have ovulated later than normal, thus making your AF later.  It is possible you are KU, but you probably aren't.

Please learn about your body and how it works.  Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book that teaches you how your cycle actually works.

This. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Before the n00bs come on here and say "but aunt sally's hairdressers dog groomers aunt's lesbian partner never DID get a positive pregnancy test, and they had three kids!!"  yes, it IS possible.  However, it's INCREDIBLY rare and if you don't have a clue about how your body works (which is what my money is on), you're not pregnant as of now. 

Either *** or get off the pot.  Use protection or figure out how your body works so you don't do this month after month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

Wow! I'm not ignorant or clueless. I guess my original question was unclear. What I should have posted was how many days late were others when they got a BFP. And as far as not actively TTC, my husband and I discussed this and felt we would try a less pressured approach initially due to his high stress job. I didn't want to put an additional pressure on him. I have charted on ff in the past but not this month. So I don't know when I ovulated. And still no AF. 

I'm new to this site and was looking for advice. Thanks for insulting me, though 

m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagegrace806:

Either *** or get off the pot.  Use protection or figure out how your body works so you don't do this month after month

And to the posted with the comment above....really?  That's you advice? Not everyone wants to obsess over getting pregnant with charting, feeling your cervix, etc. Believe it or not many folks just let it happen without forcing fate.  

There is a quote function.  If you're going to chastise me, might as well do it correctly. 

She's already obsessing about whether or not she could be pregnant.  My advice stands.  *** or get off the pot.  Either learn how your body works (which you can do without feeling your cervix)  or put yourself through the stress of "ZOMG--I'm a day late---why am I not getting a positive test---I'm obviously preggers!!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"