Adoption

Foster Son case is so tough

I've done an intro on this board before, but it's been a long while. You can read all about our journey in my siggy, but the most exciting part of it is that we are 12wks preggo with our surrogate/friend tomorrow and that we have 3 foster kids. 

Our 9 month old FS has such a tough case. The caseworker said the it could either go with mom getting him back or dad's parents getting him. Mom has very heavy mental health issues, a unsafe home and too many "bad" people in and out of her home so the judge forced the county to remove him. The grandparents haven't been cleared to take him yet, but the county wants them to be "their foster parents" unless mom can't get him back. They are getting tired of waiting for that to happen so they are moving to get permanent custody of him. 

I hate not knowing which way things will go. This poor kid doesn't even know his name because the first set of foster parents called him by a completely different name. We'd love to adopt him, but we realize that a lot would have to happen for that to be an option. It's still possible until the grandparents pass their background etc. 

It's going to be tough to say goodbye if that happens. Good thing our little one is on the way in April! 

***Loss and success mentioned***
Me:34, Wife: 32
IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Foster Son case is so tough

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"