June 2011 Moms
Options

Question about FB group

I joined the FB group the day it was born but I have yet to contribute... I'm hesitant because I don't want anything I write in the group to show up on my page/news feed. Anyone know if it does?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about FB group

• Options
    I believe the FB group is private and does not show up on your personal page or news feed.  I get notifications at the top that say so&so posted to The Bump June 2011 page, but nothing on my news feed.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It doesn't post to your facebook newsfeed. I logged into my husband's account to make sure. Join in!

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Woohoo! Thanks ladies!
  • Options

The FB page is completely private. It won't show up in your FB feed unless you are friends with someone in the group. Like I am friends with over half of the ladies in our group on FB. If they start a topic in the group, I will see it because I am also part of the group. But regular friends and family that have no idea about the group won't see a thing. Trust me I wouldn't post in the group either if they could. Even if you participate on someone else threads, it won't show up.

I promise you that it is totally secret and private. It is not a searchable group (I set it up myself, and used only the most secure settings), you can only be added by a someone within the group and you have to be a friend of theirs on FB.

If you have anymore questions let me know. I would never had suggested moving the group if we couldn't be totally private.

And just an FYI, if ladies in the group are not your friends, they can't see anything you have set to private in your profile either. 

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

yep - like cassie said - if you are friends with any of us, some new posts will show up on YOUR view of your news feed, but none of your non-member friends can see anything.

I posted a fairly graphic nursing photo of myself on a private group I'm on. I promise I woulda had some comments if that had gone up on my regular newsfeed!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Cassie and Carla! I figured it was all private but just wanted to make sure! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"