Adoption
Options

I don't know whether to go or not.

I said in a previous post that my youngest sister about to have a baby and she had her baby earlier today and I don't know if I can handle being around a newborn so soon. She asked if I was coming to the hospital to see her, but I don't know what to tell her. She doesn't really understand why I'm so upset over the BM changing her mind, so I'm not sure if she will be sensitive to how I feel or not.
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: I don't know whether to go or not.

• Options

If you can't handle it right now, it's OK. If you wake up sometime this week and are feeling in a better place, maybe use that opportunity to see your sister and her baby.

HUGS

• Options

It is okay if you cannot handle it right now. Like Dr. Loretta said - if you feel better about it later this week, then go. If not, maybe a quick phone call might be the way to go - a congrats and I love you call. Nothing long or drawn out.

You need to do what is right for you.

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly I would go see the baby.  Bring a gift, say how cute the baby is, and then head home.  Not only will it be good for your sister but you can get it over with instead of dreading it and dealing with the feelings of guilt over not meeting your niece.  It is going to be hard whether you go today or on Thursday.  This might be just my personality speaking, but something to consider.  I'm really sorry this is so hard for you.  ((hugs))

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    If you are close with your sister, she will at some point understand whatever decision you make, but I would probably go and meet my niece.  You unfortunately will not be able to avoid them forever.  (((Hugs)))

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

Could you perhaps go at a time when the baby will be in the nursery and just see your sister? You can go, give your love and support, and still perhaps leave with your emotions in check. 

I know some hospitals where this would be possible (can get to the rooms without passing the nursery) and some where it wouldn't be possible. Just an idea.

Or could you send a gift/letter with someone else? That way she knows you're thinking of her and the new baby. 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options

Do whatever is best for you. 

If you need an excuse tell your sister that you have a cold and don't want the baby to catch it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"