LGBT Parenting
Options

chicken and egg costumes??

I know J just asked this a bit ago and I think N2A had them....where did you get the Egg costume for your LO?  E and his cousin are going as chicken and egg and he is the egg.  We have some sewing skills but wondered if it already existed.  We were hoping for a fuller looking egg, not the flat ones like I see on line that look like a fried egg.

Re: chicken and egg costumes??

• Options

i have been searching too .... but i can only find the sunny side up egg. SO we are going to Make it.  N@A said they made theirs as well

our plan is 2 onseis a short sleeve and long sleeve sewn together and then then stuffed with filling ....  I hope or that is the plan unless i can find one somewhere. cuz its almost October OMG ....

I am having trouble finding tights or pants/legging with cool stripes!

so eggciting cant wait to see your pic madison !!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    image2moms2twins:

i have been searching too .... but i can only find the sunny side up egg. SO we are going to Make it.  N@A said they made theirs as well

our plan is 2 onseis a short sleeve and long sleeve sewn together and then then stuffed with filling ....  I hope or that is the plan unless i can find one somewhere. cuz its almost October OMG ....

we might have him wear his rainbow babylegs....how freaking cool will THAT be? 

so you sew the SS onesie on the front of the LS onesie, then they wear the LS one and the SS one is stuffed?  Just trying to understand the approach.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemadisonpeas:
    image2moms2twins:

we might have him wear his rainbow babylegs....how freaking cool will THAT be? 

so you sew the SS onesie on the front of the LS onesie, then they wear the LS one and the SS one is stuffed?  Just trying to understand the approach.

something like that -  melanie is the sewer so she can tell you more - I just conceptualize!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:

I would put the long sleeve onesie over the short sleeve one. Then I would sew the gaps at bottom together. After, I would probably glue the sleeve openings or hand stitch. Stuff from the top. When stuffed to your liking, them stitch/hot glue the top closed.

I can PIP if that was confusing.

My brain must be falling out.  what do you mean by "over the short sleeve"?  Sew on to the front or put the ss inside?  I KNOW you don't mean put the ss on E, then the long, then get out the hot glue Indifferent

• Options

Hi everybody! 

Not sure if this helps.....

Chicken and Egg 
    These cute inexpensive costumes for infants ask the age old question, Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" This costume utilizes a lot of infant clothes you probably already have or can pick up cheaply at your local thrift store.Chicken Costume Items NeededWhite onesieWhite turtle neck with snapsWhite infant capYellow tights or sweat pantsWhite Feather BoaTwo pieces of red feltCotton battingYellow vinyl glovesNeedle and thread or access to a sewing machine.Directions1. Put the onesie inside a one piece turtle neck. Sew both items together at the arm, leg 
    and neck holes2. Put lots of batting between thew two and snap closed3. Hot glue or stitch white feather boas all over the body.4. Cut two pieces of red felt into a chicken comb shape.5. Hot glue all sides together except one,6. Stuff with cotton batting and hot glue the remaining side closed.7. Hot glue to the top of an infant cap.8. Cut the hand off of yellow vinyl glove and stuff the fingersPut on yellow sweats or tights and pull the vinyl gloves over your infants shoes to complete the chicken costume.Egg Costume Items Needed 
    You will need to have a little bit of sewing skills for this costume and access to either a sewing machine or be able to hand sew.White FabricCotton battingWhite thermals or white sleeper/ swat suitHot glue gunNeedle and thread or sewing machineYellow piece of felt.Directions1. Cut two large egg shapes out of fabric larger than your infants torso.2. Sew the two egg shapes together leaving arm holes, a neck hole and an opening at the bottom for the legs to go through.3. Sew a piece of elastic all the way around the bottom of the egg shape.4. Sew the shoulder and neck area of the thermal shirt inside of the egg shaped costume5. Cut a large circle out of the yellow felt and hot glue to your egg to represent the yolk.Once you put the costume on stuff with fiber fill if your child will allow it.White socks,shoes and a white cap complete the look. There's no "Yolk" about it this is a great costume for infants. Comfortable and inexpensive to make.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"