Pregnant after 35
Options

Is a (very) late intro OK?

Hello everyone! Am wondering if it's OK if I do a very late introduction here... I'm in my third trimester already.

Started off here on The Bump in TTC After 35 almost a year ago, but reverted back to lurking there after having some health difficulties (everyone was incredibly supportive there, but my introvert self kept me from posting), and then proceeded to lurk here after my BFP in March.

This is my first pregnancy at age 37, a miracle baby after successfully battling Stage IV Hodgkins. It was a rough start, with very low betas that were slow to double, but somehow she made it through, so our little girl is a fighter just like me.

I was diagnosed with GD in my ninth week (!), but it is very well diet-controlled for the time being, and growth scans show that LO is right on target, in the 55th percentile.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

Re: Is a (very) late intro OK?

• Options

I'm a bit of a lurker myself, but want to say that I'm glad to see you!  I always love fresh faces to the "35+" pg board!

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    imageCageyMack:

I'm a bit of a lurker myself, but want to say that I'm glad to see you!  I always love fresh faces to the "35+" pg board!

Thank you for un-lurking for a second to send a welcome out, haha! I hear you on the fresh faces thing... the 35+ numbers are growing every day, and that's a good, inspiring  thing, indeed.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been kinda the same, trying to support others, though. Congrats on beating the odds and doing so well! I hope your last few months go well and you and your baby (the whole family!) will have a long healthy life together!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's never too late to intro! So glad you're here and that you are having a great pregnancy despite all the hurdles you have had to overcome! My mom is a four-time NHL survivor and that is just a hard, hard thing to go through. I hope the rest of your third tri is smooth sailing!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  Also congrats on beating Stage IV Hodgkins.  That's amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just got here, so I won't consider your intro late at all! Wink Congratulations on kicking the arse out of the Lymphoma-- having this baby will be easy compared to that, eh?
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options

Congratulations!

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy Smile

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagedanuli8:
    It's never too late to intro! So glad you're here and that you are having a great pregnancy despite all the hurdles you have had to overcome! My mom is a four-time NHL survivor and that is just a hard, hard thing to go through. I hope the rest of your third tri is smooth sailing!

I'm keeping your mom in my thoughts! Us in the "cancer club" tend to do that, even for people we've never met. :)

Sincere thanks for the kind words! 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:

Holy Odin!!!!!

I remember you and I am so happy to see you here! Many congratulations! 

Hahahaha! Odin rocks. :)

Thank you! I remember you as well, and saw your story unfold over on TTC. Am ever so happy for you! 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options

imagedanieleandwayne:
    I just got here, so I won't consider your intro late at all! Wink Congratulations on kicking the arse out of the Lymphoma-- having this baby will be easy compared to that, eh?

You've got that right, girl!

I was very happy to see you pop back over here. Congratulations to you! 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    Everyone's responses have been so warm and kind. Thanks to all. And apologies for kind of posting and running yesterday; was struck by the urge to organize the basement. Nesting, when it comes, hits like a ton of bricks, I tell you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    I remember you too.  I am so happy that you are here with us.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cool, another familiar avi! :) It's great to see you, too. And I see you're 16 weeks... that's when I started feeling much better and getting a lot of energy back. Enjoy it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options

imageAddictedToLipBalm:
    Cool, another familiar avi! :) It's great to see you, too. And I see you're 16 weeks... that's when I started feeling much better and getting a lot of energy back. Enjoy it!

Second tri is really the best.  I spent the whole first tri asking how people do this more than once.  I have more energy but still need more sleep than before I was pregnant.  I went to bed at 10:00 last night and I was still late for work this morning because I slept in.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and beating cancer! I hoep the rest of it is smooth sailing for you. I'm also 37 and GD (dianosed early with DD and with this PG, I'm already on insulin). Good to hear you're managing it well with diet alone.
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageElocin:
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and beating cancer! I hoep the rest of it is smooth sailing for you. I'm also 37 and GD (dianosed early with DD and with this PG, I'm already on insulin). Good to hear you're managing it well with diet alone.

Thank you, you're so sweet. How are you tolerating the insulin? A friend of mine was on it during her pregnancy, and had a hard time figuring out correct dosages... her readings were all over the place. Maybe her hormones were just wonky and causing the spikes / lows? At any rate, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Keep me posted!

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    imageCountry Girl in the City:

imageAddictedToLipBalm:

Second tri is really the best.  I spent the whole first tri asking how people do this more than once.  I have more energy but still need more sleep than before I was pregnant.  I went to bed at 10:00 last night and I was still late for work this morning because I slept in.

I hear you! The first 12-15 weeks are pretty hellish for me, so moving into week 16 was like the clouds finally lifting after a long storm. Have been on the move ever since, although a little achier the past couple of weeks. Not sleeping a ton more on a daily basis, but every once in a while I will not only sleep in, but also have to take a 2-hour nap with the cats in the middle of the day!

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    Congratulations - on every front! Welcome. You're just ahead of me - and I got GD this time at 12 wks, ugh.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"