Potty Training

XP: Potty Training a 22 month old

I'm XP from 12-24 as I got no response.

DD, I know, is still very very very young to be thinking about potty training. HOwever, she's been peeing and pooping on the potty quite a bit. I'm a very laid back mom and personally don't mind changing diapers, etc, but DD seems to want to pee and poop in the potty, rather than her diaper. DH and I spoke with our pedi, who suggested doing a naked day and seeing what happens. DD had one accident but mostly just went in the potty. We're just continuing to ask DD if she needs to pee or poop and taking her to the potty when she wants to. Any other suggestions? ANy books to read?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Potty Training a 22 month old

• The PT board is pretty slow, you may want to post on the main 24+ board. I know there are plenty of people who PT prior to 24 month. If she is interested and wants to do it why not? We tried with DD at 25 months (3 day PT) and it was a big fail. However 1 month later she did it from one day to the next without us initiating it at all and she has had very few accidents, like maybe 5 or 6 since August 1 (she just wanted to do it on her terms Smile)

i'd say go for it since it seems to be her decision. I kept Dd in diapers at night for about 3 weeks after she PT and then she decided she didn't want them anymore and she has done great. I don't ever tell her to go potty. I just tell her to tell me when she needs to go. That seems to work well for us. I think as long as you don't push it and most of it is her it should be fine. DD hated public restroom and regular toilets and I haven't pushed either of those but not even 2 months later she has started going on public toilets. So she's moved along much faster than I expected her to and it was on her terms. 

• I started potty training my daughter at 20 months. Just straight took her out of diapers. She had accidents consistently for the first couple weeks but then they started to be fewer and fewer. She caught on #2 right away, but #1 was slower. She only just started telling me herself that she has to go pee about 6 weeks ago (she turned 2 August 11). Before that I just made sure I took her when I thought she needed to go, about every hour at first then every two hours after a while. I did t use any books. We did use a potty chart, a sticker for using or trying the potty and eventually ice cream when we finally had a whole day accident free. Lots and lots of "I'm so proud of you!" "you did it!" "yay!" and even more patience when there were accidents. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do it! Stay positive... DD2 told me at 18 months she was not wearing diapers and 'I pee-pee potty'. She has been diaper free during ALL awake time since. She is 20 months and really is VERY good. She rarely has accidents and is great at her preschool (9-2) and wears underwear when ever she is awake. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"